|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||hr 08|
47:53unlocode = ♂/♀
Kalayat is a city and a municipal committee in Kaithal district in the Indian state of Haryana. It is historical town known as Kapilayat and Kapilayatana in past, named after the Vedic sage Kapil Muni, is home of the 8th century Kalayat Ancient Bricks Temple Complex.
As of 2001[update] India census, Kalayat had a population of 16,747. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Kalayat has an average literacy rate of 56%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 65%, and female literacy is 47%. In Kalayat, 17% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Kalayat Ancient Bricks Temple Complex: Ancient Shiva Brick Temple, Ancient Kapil Muni brick temple and Chyavan Giri Kund
- Dargah Of Baba Shah Kamal Kadri
- Durga Mandir Anaj Mandi
Other temples nearby
- Shiv Mandir Khadalwa Mataur
he city's public school system, managed by the government of Haryana, is administered by Haryana Board of School Education. The city also has a large number of private schools, where education is often expensive and the quality usually better than the government schools. Main Schools are
- Gov. Sen. Secondary School(Boys)
- Gov. Sen. Secondary School(Girls)
- Bal Vikas Public School
- Shiksha Bharti Public School
- MDN sen. sec. School
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This Haryana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|