Koulibaly playing for Genk in 2014
|Full name||Kalidou Koulibaly|
|Date of birth||20 June 1991|
|Place of birth||Saint-Dié-des-Vosges, France|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 May 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Kalidou Koulibaly (born 20 June 1991) is a French footballer who plays as a centre back for Italian club Napoli in the Serie A. His main asset is his versatility, as he can play as a central defender, right back or defensive midfielder.
Koulibaly began his career playing for hometown club SR Saint-Dié and spent two seasons playing on the club's senior team in the Championnat de France amateur 2 before joining the academy of professional club Metz on 1 July 2009. While at Metz, Koulibaly helped the club's under-19 team win the 2009–10 Coupe Gambardella after the team defeated Sochaux 5–4 on penalties in the final. He also played on the club's amateur team in the Championnat de France amateur appearing in 15 matches as Metz were crowned champions of the league finishing with 107 points.
Prior to the start of the 2010–11 season, Koulibaly signed his first professional contract agreeing to a one-year deal. He was, subsequently, promoted to the senior team and assigned the number 25 shirt by new manager Dominique Bijotat. Koulibaly made his professional debut on 20 August 2010 in a league match against Vannes. He appeared as a substitute in a 1–0 victory.
- As of 20 May 2014
|Genk||2012-13||Jupiler Pro League||31||1||6||0||9||0||0||0||46||1|
- "Mercato, Napoli: ufficiale Koulibaly. Visite, firma: è il primo colpo azzurro" (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Koulibaly, le jour d’après" (in French). Le Républicain Lorrain. 2 November 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2010.
- "Sochaux v. Metz Match Report" (in French). French Football Federation. Retrieved 20 August 2010.
- "Metz v. Vannes Match Report" (in French). L'Equipe. 20 August 2010. Retrieved 20 August 2010.
- "Kalidou Koulibaly is van Genk" (in Dutch). Gazet van Antwerpen. 29 June 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- FC Metz club profile
- Kalidou Koulibaly French league stats at LFP.fr (French)
- Kalidou Koulibaly at L'Équipe Football (French)