|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kalyan|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Mumbra-Kalwa|
Kalwa (Marathi: कळवा) is a small town on the outskirts of the Indian city of Mumbai,with a railway station on the Central Line of the Mumbai Suburban Railway. It is located in northern Thane and is a suburb of the Thane city. Kalwa comes under the Thane Municipal Corporation. The Kalwa bridge links Kalwa and Thane city.
Kalwa has also been an important industrial hub in the city of Mumbai. The massive industrialization around the Belapur Road, passing through Kalwa has supposedly turned it into one of the biggest industrial and manufacturing hubs in India. The important old Mumbai-Pune highway passes through Kalwa. The leading industrial product of this town is fuel filters for Ford Motor Corporation.
On 29 July 2014, Kalwa, along with Mumbra became first railway station in the country to get free WiFi access for commuters and general public.
Like many or rather most small towns in India, Kalwa has several big and small temples. The town hosts shooting ball tournaments every year on Maharashtra Day (May 1). Many players from this town and nearby area have played at state and national level in this game.
The Thane's Famous Durga Pandaal, Jatra start from Kalwa Station.
Coordinates:N 19° 11', W 72° 59'
31 km north east of Mumbai on the western coast of India. It is close to Navi Mumbai Airoli node via the Thane-Belapur road. Kalwa is situated between Parsik Hills on the east and Thane Creek on the west.123445
Kalwa is well connected to Mumbai, Thane and nearby suburbs by road and railway. Old Mumbai Pune Road (NH 4) pass through Kalwa. Bus service is provided by TMT (for inter-city transport and connections to Thane), BEST (for connections to Ghatkopar route no.494 and Marol depot route no.C-43) and NMMT (for connections to Vashi route no.81). Kalwa is also connected to Thane and Kalyan via the Mumbai suburban local train system on the central line.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital (run by Thane Municipal Corporation), attached to Rajiv Gandhi Medical College
- Pramila Hospital on Mumbai pune highway near Manisha Nagar.
- Samarth Ayurved Clinic (Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala, Kerala) at Parsik Nagar opposite Reliance market.
- The third kalwa bridge will be build soon... The "Bhoomipujan" has done by Mr. Jitendra Awhaad
- The Kalwa Gate will be build on kalwa naaka
- The Kalwa Police Station will be shift to Parsik Nagar
- Highway and FOB work going on Kharegaon crossing and Gholaidevi Nagar
Kalwa station won best cleanest station Award[when?]