|Alma mater||Vishwa Bharati,
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
|Organization||United Phosphorus Limited|
|Known for||President, Rotary International, 2011-2013|
Kalyan Banerjee was President of Rotary International, one of the largest humanitarian service organizations in the world, for the year 2011-2012. He took office on July 1, 2011. He took over from Ray Klinginsmith. He leads a world wide network of 1.2 million individuals from more than 200 countries and geographical regions who, through volunteer service, help meet the needs of communities worldwide. He is Rotary International’s 101st President.
Kalyan Banerjee belongs to the Rotary Club of Vapi, Gujarat, India He earned a degree in chemical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in 1964. He is Rotary International's third President from India. India is the third largest contributor to The Rotary Foundation.
He is a director of United Phosphorus Limited, the largest agrochemical manufacturer of India,  and the chairman of United Phosphorus (Bangladesh) Limited. He is a member of the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers and the American Chemical Society. He has been president of Vapi Industries Association and chairman of the Gujarat chapter of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Banerjee is based in Vapi. He is married to Binota, and the couple have two children and four grandchildren.
- "Kalyan Banerjee Rotary International President-Elect". Show Me Rotary. Missouri District 6040, 6060, 6080. Retrieved 2011-07-02.
- "The presidents of Rotary International 1997-98 to 2011-12". Rotary Global History Fellowship (An internet project). Rotary Global HIstory Fellowship. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- C, Uday Bhaskar (2011-07-01). "Vapi businessman is Rotary International president". DNA (newspaper). Diligent Media Corporation. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- "Indian technocrat Kalyan Banerjee to lead Rotary as its 101st president". Business Standard. 2011-06-30. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- "Rotary sets itself ambitious target". The Hindu online edition. The Hindu. 2010-11-01. Retrieved 2011-07-02.
|President of Rotary International