Coordinates: Kama is a district in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan, to the east of Jalalabad. Its population, which is 100% Pashtun, was estimated at 180,000 in 2012. The district centre is the village of Sanger Srye Kama.kama have more than 55000 students in 2012. The districts includes most of the Kama valley, connecting Jalalabad with the other cities of country as well as with Khyber Pass.
- Mohammad Musa Shafiq - Islamic scholar, politician and the last prime minister of King Zahir Shah Regime.
- Mawlana Sayed Murad Ali Alkamawe(RH)
- Mulavi Gulam Nabi kamawi
- Mulawee shamsurhman kamawee
- Mulavi Shireen Mama Khil
- Sayed Murad Kamawal (Poet)
- Andalib Kamawal (Poet)
- Mulavi Shams Ul Islam Shams(Islamic scholar)
- Mulavi Abdul Jalil Faqeri Murad (Islamic and Official scholar)
- Asif Samim (Writer)
- Akhunzada Mohammad Eisa Nang Kamavi - Writer and Social Activist
- Enayat Safi (Writer, Poet, International Youth Activist)
- Amanullah Sailb Safi - Poet and politician
Dr.Ahmad zaki kamavi -phd from uk
- Al-Haj Abdul Hakeem Khamosh Kamavi - Member of parliament for two tenure in Zahir Shah Kingdom, Poet & Govt Official.
- Dr Abdul Malik Kamawi. Member of high judicial council of Supreme Court of Afghanistan
- Mulawee Ataullah ludin Politician and Current Governor of Ningarhar province
- Mir wais Yasini deputy chairman of Afghan Parliament
- Sayed Noorullah Murad, Member of Afghan Fredral Cabniet and Deputy Minister of Manisitry of Religoes affairs and Hajj, Chairman Di Nijaat Afghani Gurzang party
In 2008, The Provincial Reconstruction Team in Nangarhar province built a hospital in Kama district. This hospital will serve to the neighboring districts as well.
Kama district is one of Afghanistan's district that got its own cricket stadium. The construction of the stadium started in a 30 Acres of land on May 7, 2012. The construction of cricket stadium was funded by a local businessman.
Kama district is in a location that can receive the transmission of local televisions and radios from Jalalabad city. On June 15, 2013 a private FM radio Qalam which means pen in Pashto language was launched in Kama district. Qalam radio has 8-hour educational, social and entertainment programs in 24 hours and it could be heard by neighboring districts as well.
|This Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|