From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Kamal (disambiguation).
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2015)|
|Look up Kamal, kamal, or Kamâl in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Kamal is a male given name which has multiple origins:
- Kamal (Arabic: كمال ) or Turkish Kemal. The word Kamal is originally Arabic and it means perfection; also may be used as an abbreviation of Kamal ad-Din
- In Persian it means "beauty, perfection, excellence, completion, utmost level".
- a Hindi version of the Hindu name of Sanskrit origin usually spelled Kamala and meaning lotus or "pale red".
People with the given name Kamal
- Kamal Mamedbekov, one of the first honored architects of Azerbaijan.
- Kamal (director), commonly know name of Malayalam film (India) director Kamaluddin Mohammed
- Kamal Amin, Egyptian Artist
- Kamal Adham, Turkish-born Saudi businessman and intelligence head
- Kamal Haasan (Kamalahasan), film actor in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi films
- Kamal Heer, Punjabi singer
- Kamal Kaya Efendi, Turkish military officer
- Kamal Khan (singer), Bollywood playback singer
- Kamal Hassan Mansur, Libyan politician
- Kamal Nath, Indian Union Minister
- Kamal Nasser, (1925–1973), Palestinian political leader, writer and poet
- Kamal Stino, Egyptian politician
People with the surname Kamal
- Ibrahim Ahmed Kamal, lead guitarist for Bangladeshi heavy metal bands, Aurthohin and Warfaze
- Syed Kamal, Pakistani film actor, director and producer
- Yousef Hussain Kamal, Qatari politician and businessman
- Kamal (comics) in Marvel comics
- Kamala, related female name
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|