|Alma mater||Royal College Colombo|
|Occupation||Banker and social entrepreneur|
Abeysinghe has served as the Chairmen of EDEX since its inception in 2004. EDEX was initiated as a social project to organize education exhibitions to provide career guidance for students who completed their A/L examinations. Since 2004 it has held exhibitions annually in Colombo and Kandy becoming the largest education fair in Sri Lanka.
During Abeysinghe's tenor as the Chairmen of EDEX, he has initiated several social development projects such as the Live your Dream project in 2012  which aims at empowering Sri Lankan youth and has carried out several school development projects in many parts of the country.
Educated at Royal College Colombo, he had worked at Sampath Bank for over two decades moving into its senior management where he had served as its head of compliance. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Bankers Sri Lanka and a former treasurer of the Royal College Union.
- EDEX 2009 - Promoting Choices, Opportunity and Options
- EDEX Expo 2013 – 10th Anniversary Edition launched A decade of service empowering nation’s youth
- EDEX launches “Live your Dream”
- EDEX launches “Live your Dream” for next generation of Sri Lanka
- Sampath Bank PLC | Annual Report 2009
- Sampath- Royal affinity cards