|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
|Born||February 24, 1971|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg)|
Kamal was born in an Indian Sikh family who lived in the Philippines, where she stayed till the age of six. Later they moved to Canada, where she was raised and educated. She has a university degree in pre-medical. She is fluent in Tagalog, English, Punjabi and French.
Prior to being in TV shows and in the modeling industry, Kamal Sidhu was an athlete, training to compete at the Olympics Games in Atlanta, representing Canada in the heptathlon. An unfortunate injury abruptly ended her dreams and made her to pursue other avenues. She was advised by a cousin, and consequently entered the Miss India-Canada contest in 1991, to which she won first runner-up.
In India, she started her career with Channel V and later MTV Asia. She also worked with channel AXN in this same country. One of the first few 'Indian' VJs, Sidhu and her Canadian accent were hugely popular with the teen population, many imitating her style of dress, hair and talking. She hosted an adult show on sex lives on Zoom TV and anchored an environmental series called EarthPulse on National Geographic Channel.
Kamal is married to Nico Ghogavala owner of B.A.R company.
- 2009 - The Fakir Of Venice (unreleased)
- 2008 - Little Zizou .... Alka
- 2008 - The Fakir of Venice .... Mandira
- 2006 - Chasing Nature (TV series) .... presenter
- 1997 - Aar Ya Paar .... Veena Sanghvi
- CHASING KAMAL | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online
- Devour the freshest bounty of Sri Lanka - Times Of India
- "Kamal Sidhu, winner 1991" (in English). Miss India–Canada. 2013.
- Actors face modelling challenges: Kamal Sidhu
- Season India
- Being Kamal - Indian Express