Kamala Niketan Montessori School
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2011)|
|Kamala Niketan Montessori School|
|Grades||Kindergarten to Grade 12|
|Number of students||3500|
|Affiliation||Central Board of Secondary Education, India|
KNMS began with the foundation of “Tiny Tots”, a play school for children.
In 2008, the school started its third block. By 2009, KNMS Institution proposed a site for some more blocks. Temporary classes were built around the smaller ground. Students are now being moved from the old block to the new building. Students of class 3 to 12 have been shifted to the new building.
Visual based learning
In 2005 KNMS became the first school in Tiruchirapalli to initiate the fun based visual learning technology called Educomp. In 2010 KNMS began its course from Extramarks. It follows the CCE pattern. It is an ISO:9001:2000 certified institution.
There are more than 2300 students in the school, with each class having 40 students and sufficient staff members to teach the children.The school conducts special classes that includes Robotics, Animation and Advertisement as a part of the co-curriculum.
- There has not been a failure in the tenth and twelfth public exams.
- A Spell champ runner up belongs to the school.
- KNMS students participated in the National Conference for Energy "E for Energy" held at St.Johns International School, Chennai. The school was the only school invited for the conference from Tamil Nadu, excluding the host school St.Johns.
- A student of class 10 (2011-2012) won in district and state level philately competitions.
- The eleventh students (2011–2012) participated in 'Mahotsav' conducted by Sri Akilandeshwari Vidhyalaya and secured the first prize and also participated in Oscar conducted by RSK school in Tiruchirappalli and secured second place.
- Eight students of the school cleared the IIT JEE entrance exam.