Colorado Rapids Game April 1, 2012
|Full name||Kamani Helekunihi Hill|
|Date of birth||December 28, 1985|
|Place of birth||Berkeley, California, United States|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2005||Orange County Blue Star||7||(1)|
|2006||San Fernando Valley Quakes||10||(1)|
|2007–2008||→ VfL Wolfsburg II||6||(1)|
|2010||→ Aves (loan)||5||(0)|
|2004–2005||United States U20||12||(2)|
|2008||United States U23||6||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of August 28, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Hill was born in Berkeley, California to a Trinidadian father and an American mother of Hawaiian origin. He grew up playing in various Bay Area youth leagues and attended Berkeley High School, where he was a star forward on their soccer team. He then attended UCLA, where he played in 40 games (32 starts), scored nine goals, and assisted on 13 more in his two seasons with the team. During his college years he also played with Orange County Blue Star and San Fernando Valley Quakes in the USL Premier Development League.
At the beginning of October 2006, Hill went to Germany for a trial with Bundesliga team VfL Wolfsburg, and in November he signed a two-and-a-half year contract with the team. He made his first-team debut on January 27, 2007 as a substitute in a 2–1 defeat away at Hertha Berlin. However, after a promising start, the arrival of coach Felix Magath at the club saw Hill relegated to the second team, where he spent most of his time at Wolfsburg. During November 2008, he trained with Norwegian club FK Bodø/Glimt. However, he was not offered a contract. In April 2009, he began a ten-day trial with Vitoria Guimaraes upon the recommendation of his Wolfsburg teammate Alex, and on May 8 the club announced his signing to a three-year contract.
- Stephens, Mitch (January 31, 2003). "His goal: To score in the big leagues / Berkeley High's Kamani Hill seen as 'the real deal'". San Francisco Chronicle.
- Winger, Chad (November 17, 2006). "Wolfsburg announce Hill signing". Yanks Abroad.
- "Hertah Berlin vs VfL Wolfsburg in Bundesliga 2006/2007". Football-Lineups.com. January 27, 2007. Retrieved November 17, 2008.
- "Kamani Hill assina por três épocas" (in Portuguese). May 8, 2009. Retrieved May 9, 2009.
- Seltzer, Greg (August 2, 2010). "Kamani Hill training with hometown club San Jose". mlssoccer.com. Retrieved September 9, 2011.
- "Rapids sign forward Kamani Hill". coloradorapids.com. March 28, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- MLS player profile
- Kamani Hill at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Kamani Hill at National-Football-Teams.com