|• Density||200/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Nearest city||Bijapur, Karnataka|
|Sex ratio||60:40 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bijapur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Babaleshwar|
|Climate||hot and cold (Köppen)|
Kambagi is a panchayat village in the southern state of Karnataka, India. Administratively it is under Bijapur Taluka of Bijapur district, Karnataka. It is nearly 40 kilometres (25 mi) from district headquarters, the city of Bijapur. In Kambagi there is a Government Primary Health Care Hospital, a Post Office and the gram panchayat offices.
In the 2011 census, the village of Kambagi had a population of 3,095.
- Shri Hanuman Temple,
- Shri AmoghaSiddeshwar Temple,
- Shri Durga Devi Temple,
- Shri Pandurang Temple,
- Shri Mallikarjun Temple.
The village land is quite fertile, with over 70% of it being well-suited to cultivation and crop production. Farmers there grow mainly sugar cane, grapes, maize, and sorgham. Small areas are planted in citrus orchards, and crops such as onions and turmeric. Irrigation is mainly based upon distribution canals from the river, borewells and open wells.
Near by Kambagi there is one Sugar Industry is opening recently.viz,Someshwar Sugar Mills Pvt,Ltd Kambagi
Kambagi is connected to main town Bijapur via Galagali and Babaleshwar has 45 km.Its having many buses daily from Bijapur to Galagali and vice versa.And also connected to surrounding villages viz,Hanamasagar,Nadyal,Madagunaki,Devar-Gennur and Sangapur(SH)
In village a Govt Higher Primary School(HPS,Kambagi) has currently working with 1st to 7th standard having more than 250 students and a Government High School is also working with 8th to 10th Standards having more than 150 students. The whole village having more than 65% of literacy rate.
In Kambagi village there are various associations doing cultural, sports programmes and other activities.
The main celebrations of the year are Jai hanuman Okali and Shri Hari Pandurang Vittal Saptaha( Dindhi). Also celebrated each year are Kara Hunnume, Nagara Panchami, Deepavli, Ugadi, and Dassara.
- 2011 Village Panchayat Code = 219588, "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Village Panchayat Names of Bijapur, Bijapur, Karnataka". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India. Archived from the original on 13 November 2011.
- 2001 Census Village code = 198800,"2001 Census of India: List of Villages by Tehsil: Karnataka" (PDF). Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. p. 75. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 November 2012.
- 2011 Census Village code = 599129, "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: List of Census Villages mapped for: Kambagi Gram Panchayat, Bijapur, Bijapur, Karnataka". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India.
- "Census 2001 Population Finder: Karnataka: Bijapur: Bijapur: Kambagi". Office of The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- "NPR Report: Karnataka: Bijapur: Bijapur". National Population Register, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011.
- "Official Bijapur District Website". Bijapur District.