|Education||Pakistan School of Fashion Design|
|Awards||Lux Style awards|
Kamiar 'Kami’ Rokni is a popular Pakistani fashion designer. Kami graduated from Pakistan School of Fashion Design in 2000 and launched Karma with Maheen Ali in 2001. He was the creative mind behind the label which quickly rose to prominence, becoming one of the most sought after brands in Pakistan. Kami introduced and popularized many trends in the local fashion industry, including the ‘star burst’ and traditional ‘kundan’ work. In 2006, Kami parted ways with Karma and launched his own brand ‘Kamiar Rokni’.
Kami also hosts 'No Reservations' on dawn news every Sunday where celebrities are invited for a candid talk about their lives.
Awards and shows
In 2008, Kamiar Rokni was nominated for a lux style award in the 'Best Pret Wear' category.
Two of Kamiar Rokni's designs opened the 'artist' and the 'prom queen' segments at the Lahore Grammar School Defence branch fashion show which was held to raise funds for the Smile Again Foundation.
- Gill, Anjum (2003-10-13). "Leading News Resource of Pakistan". LAHORE: Daily Times. Retrieved 2009-02-15.
- Isani, Aamna Haider. "Open Playing Field". INSTEP Magazine. Retrieved 2009-02-15.
- Qureshi, Shehryar E. (2008-01-13). "Kamiar Rokni: Destiny’s child". Dawn.com. Retrieved 2009-02-15.[dead link]
- "SPOT LIGHT: Baring it all". Dawn.com. 2008-06-01. Retrieved 2009-02-15.
- "Fashion Nominations announced for 7th LUX Style Awards". LUX Style Awards. KARACHI. May 15, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-15.
- Syed, Madeeha (2007-11-25). "Starbuzz". Dawn.com. Retrieved 2009-02-15.[dead link]