|Size||Air Force Wing|
|Engagements||World War II|
Kampfgeschwader 100 (KG 100) was a Luftwaffe medium and heavy bomber wing of World War II, and the first military aviation unit to use an unpowered precision-guided munition in combat to sink a warship on September 9, 1943 with the destruction of the Italian battleship Roma, in the first successful use of the Fritz X armor-piercing, gravity PGM ordnance.
I./KG 100 was sent to the southern sector of the Eastern Front in 1942 and also operated the southern Eastern Front in 1943. After a switch between I./KG 100 and I./KG 4, the “new” I./KG 100 served on the Channel Front again, flying missions against England in 1943 and 1944 before it was removed from the Geschwader end of May 1944 and became III./KG 1.
In December 1941, III./KG 26 became II./KG 100, and served in the middle sector of the Eastern Front in early 1942 and moved to Greece at the end of April 1942 until April 1943.
III./KG 100 was formed in September 1942 from the former Aufklärungsgruppe (See) 126 . It served in Greece in 1942 and early 1943.After the original II. Gruppe and III. Gruppe had left Greece, they were reformed from scratch in Germany. Eventually they were moved back to the Mediterranean theater of operations in July 1943. In 1944, both groups remained in the Mediterranean until September 1944.
- Oberstleutnant Heinz von Holleben, 29 November 1941 – 22 April 1943
- Major Fritz Auffhammer, 4 May 1943 – 10 September 1943
- Oberstleutnant Bernhard Jope, 10 September 1943 – 8 August 1944
- Balke, Ulf (1981). Kampfgeschwader 100 "Wiking" – Eine Geschichte aus Kriegstagebüchern, Dokumenten und Berichten 1934 – 1945 (in German). Motorbuchverlag. ISBN 3-87943-772-6.
- Balke, Ulf (1996). Der Luftkrieg in Europa 1941–1945 (in German). Bechtermünz Verlag. ISBN 3860470787.
- Dierich, Wolfgang (1995). Die Verbände der Luftwaffe 1935–1945 (in German). Verlag Heinz Nickel. ISBN 3879434379.
- Griehl, Manfred and Joachim Dressel. Heinkel He 177 - 277 - 274. Shrewsbury, UK: Airlife Publishing. ISBN 1-85310-364-0.
- Media related to Kampfgeschwader 100 at Wikimedia Commons
- "Kampfgeschwader 100". Lexikon der Wehrmacht (in German). Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Kampfgeschwader 100". The Luftwaffe, 1933–45. Retrieved 25 October 2013.