|Elevation||3,600 ft (1,100 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Kamuli is a town in Eastern Uganda. It is the main municipal, administrative and commercial center of Kamuli District, and the district headquarters are located there. The district is named after the town.
Kamuli is located approximately 72 kilometres (45 mi), by road, north of Jinja, the largest city in Busoga sub-region, on an all weather tarmac highway. The coordinates of Kamuli are:0°56'42.0"N, 33°07'30.0"E (Latitude:0.9450; Longitude:33.1250).
According to the 2002 national census, the population of Kamuli was about 11,350. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 14,700. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Kamuli at 15,200. The 2014 national population census put the population of the town at 17,725
- Metal Fabrication & Welding
- Coffee processing
- Maize milling
- Retail trade in staples & consumables
- Market vending
The town is administered by a Municipal Council headed by a Mayor. There is an elected Municipal Council of fifteen councilors. The annual budget for the municipality in 2002 was US$337,545.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to its borders:
- The headquarters of Kamuli District Administration
- The offices of Kamuli Town Council
- Kamuli Central Market - The largest fresh-produce market in the town
- A branch of Finance Trust Bank
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- Kamuli Mission Hospital - A 160-bed private, non-profit, community hospital administered by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Jinja.
- Kamuli Hospital - A 100-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- UBOS, . (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Distance Between Jinja And Kamuli With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Location of Kamuli At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Kamuli In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 17 April 2014.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Definitions from Wiktionary|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Media from Commons|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Travel guide from Wikivoyage|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|