|Elevation||4,200 ft (1,280 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Kamwenge is located approximately 300 kilometres (190 mi), by road, west of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. This location lies approximately 70 kilometres (43 mi), by road, southeast of Fort Portal, the largest town in the sub-region. The coordinates of the town are:0°11'10.0"N, 30°27'14.0"E (Latitude:0.186111; Longitude:30.453889).
The 2002 population of Kamwenge was recorded at about 13,320 by the national population census. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 16,100. In 2011, UBOS estimated the population of Kamwenge at 16,300.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town or near its borders:
- The headquarters of Kamwenge District Administration
- The offices of Kamwenge Town Council
- Kamwenge Central Market
- A branch of Finance Trust Bank
- A branch of PostBank Uganda
- The Kamwenge Campus of Uganda Pentecostal University
- Mpanga Power Station - Located at Mpanga, approximately 18 kilometres (11 mi), by road, southwest of town
- "Distance Between Kampala And Kamwenge With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Fort Portal And Kamwenge With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Kamwenge At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Kamwenge In 2002, 2010, 2011". (UBOS). Retrieved 6 June 2014.