|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Division||Kampala Central Division|
|Elevation||1,200 m (3,900 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kamwookya is bordered by Kyebando to the north, Bukoto to the northeast, Naguru to the east, Kololo to the southeast, Nakasero to the south and Mulago to the west. This location is approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi), by road, northeast of the Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of Kamwookya are:0°20'33.0"N, 32°35'20.0"E (Latitude:0.342500; Longitude:32.588889).
Kamwookya is a mixed residential and commercial area of the city, with a large number of small Information Technology (IT) businesses. Kamwookya is also the location of a central market, restaurants, shops, dry-cleaners and sports bars, many of them, upscale. Closer to the city center, one can find several foreign embassies, government buildings and an upscale shopping mall. (See Points of interest below:).
In the northern potion of Kamwookya, between the Kampala Northern Bypass Highway and Kira Road, the neighborhood is a densely packed slum, with poorly constructed housing units, poor drainage and rudimentary sanitary infrastructure, with attendant public health challenges.
Points of interest
The points of interest in or near Kamwookya include:
- The British High Commission
- The High Commission of the Republic of Rwanda
- The Uganda National Museum
- The headquarters of Uganda Wildlife Authority
- Acacia Mall - Technically Kamwokya lies on Kololo Hill. Acacia Mall, an upscale, six-storey, air-conditioned shopping center at the corner of Kira Road and Acacia Avenue, where Kamwokya meets Kololo proper.
- Katego Family Planning Clinic - A private medical facility 
- S&J Strategies Limited - A communications consulting firm
- The Kampala Northern Bypass Highway - The highway passes through the northern reaches of Kamwookya.
- Saint Francis Students Community Center - A public community center for area and visiting students
- Makerere Guest House - A private lodging facility. (Not to be confused with Makerere University Guest House, which is located on the main campus of Makerere University).
- Kampala City View Guest House - A private lodging facility, at the corner of Kira Road and Tufnell Drive.
- A branch of Guaranty Trust Bank (Uganda) - One of the commercial banks in the country
- "Map Showing Central Kampala And Kamwookya With Distance Indicator". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Kamwookya At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- IRIN, Africa (26 May 2006). "Uganda: Glum HIV/AIDS Outlook for Kampala's Slum Dwellers". IRIN News. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Kakembo, Titus. "Monkeys Are Fun to Track". New Vision Mobile. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Muyiyi, Susan (30 October 2009). "Beat Cervical Cancer, Stick To One Man!". New Vision. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Newvision, Archive (30 January 2009). "Kasyate Goes Into Media Consultancy". New Vision. Retrieved 14 June 2014.