|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (May 2013)|
||This section contains a gallery of images.|
|• Body||Kanajar - Neere Grama Panchayat|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Nearest city||Udupi, Manipal, Karkala, Mangalore|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Udupi Chikmagalur (Lok Sabha constituency)|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Karkala|
|Civic agency||Kanajar - Neere Grama Panchayat|
|Climate||Tropical monsoon rain forest (Köppen)|
|Avg. summer temperature||35 °C (95 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||20 °C (68 °F)|
Kanajar is a small town approximately 78 km north of Mangalore, 18 km west of Karkala and 33 km east of Udupi. Kanajar is part of Karkala Taluk and Udupi District in Karnatka State in India.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Kanajar
- Shree Brahmalingeshwara Temple, Kanajar
Shree Brahmalingeshwara Temple is located in Kanajar.
- Lourdes Higher Primary School, Kanajar
W.A. Lewis started the higher elementary school in 1939. Lourdes Higher Primary School - Kanajar provides primary education to the children in and around of Kanajar. The school is affiliated to Catholic Board of Education, Mangalore.
- Little Flower English Medium School
Little Flower English Medium School, Ranganapalke is run by Glarida Education Trust.
- Sri Ananda Shetty High School, Kanajar
- Lourdes Hospital, Kanajar
Lourdes Hospital, Kanajar was inaugurated on the 11th of February 2003.
- Kanajar Sauharda Bhavan
- Lourdes Convent, Kanajar
Lourdes Convent, Kanajar is run by Bethany sisters.
Most of the popular Indian festivals are celebrated in Kanajar, the most important being Christmas, Diwali, Easter, Eid, and Ganesh Chaturthi.
Kanajar Church celebrates annual festival in the first week of December and parish titular feast is celebrated on February 11.
Brahmalingeshwara temple Kanajar celebrates annual festivities (utsava) in the last week of December every year.
The economy of Kanajar is mainly due to coconut tree plantation and products of coconut, rice production, jasmine flowers and workers who earn daily wages. However to a large extent the economy is also supported by the a large number of expatriates who are working abroad, especially Gulf region in the Middle East. Kanajar is fast producing young adults with higher educational degrees. The remittance of the Kanajar residents working abroad is the main source for the prosperity in the region.
- Udupi Chikmagalur (Lok Sabha constituency)
- "Parish Feast at Kanajar". KanajarOnline.Com. Retrieved 2011-01-16.
- "History of Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Kanajar". Kanajar.Com. Retrieved 2011-01-16.
- "Little Flower Convent School". Kanajar.Com. Retrieved 2011-01-16.
- "Grand Inaugural Function of Lourdes Hospital". Kanajar.Com. Retrieved 2011-01-16.
- "Invitation to Kanajar Sauharda Bhavan inauguration from Alwyn D'Cunha". KanajarOnline.Com. Retrieved 2011-01-16.
- "Most Rev. Dr. Aloysius Paul D'Souza, Bishop of Mangalore Diocese inaugurates Kanajar Sauharda Bhavan". KanajarOnline.Com. Retrieved 2011-01-16.
- "Titular feast celebrated at Kanajar". KanajarOnline.Com. Retrieved 2011-01-16.