|Elevation||1,503 ft (458 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||646031|
Kanaranzi is an unincorporated community in Kanaranzi Township, Rock County, Minnesota, United States. Kanaranzi is 8 miles (13 km) southeast of Luverne. Kanaranzi had a post office, which opened on December 30, 1886 and closed on July 4, 1992. In 2011, the Minnesota Department of Transportation estimated its population to be 70. Kanaranzi was platted in 1885; its name comes from the Dakota word for "where the Kansas were killed".
- "Kanaranzi". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey.
- GNIS Data on Kanaranzi, Minnesota
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved February 19, 2012.
- Minnesota Department of Transportation (2011). Rock County, Minnesota (Map). http://www.dot.state.mn.us/maps/cadd/county/rock.pdf. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- "Kanaranzi Township". Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved February 19, 2012.
|This article about a location in Rock County, Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|