|Written in||Ruby on Rails|
|Type||Collaborative software Project management software|
Kanban Tool is a virtual Kanban board based on Kanban (development) method originally defined by David Anderson as an approach to incremental, evolutionary process and systems change for organizations. This software application aims to help people visualize and optimize workload, work time, actual performance and allows constant improvement.
Release and development
In 2009, Kanban Tool was introduced by Shore Labs, a company founded by Zbigniew Zemła. It was upgraded from beta to full version in February 2010. One year later, Shore Labs announced the first public beta of Kanban Tool API that allows users to push and pull information between Kanban Tool and other web applications. On 23 March 2013, a hostable Kanban Tool On-Site has been released. In April 2014, a time tracking module was launched.
Kanban Tool is a virtual Kanban board with core Kanban analytics, including cumulative flow diagram, lead and cycle time diagram, and breakdown charts. It also has support for real-time collaboration like document sharing among work teams. Kanban Tool provides also time tracking and time reports and is available in English, Polish, German, and Russian.
In 2012, Kanban Tool was awarded first prize for “Best Start-up With Global Potential” during the Start-up Boot Camp’s II New Economy Forum organized by the Polish American Council of Cooperation. In the same year, it was among the finalists of the 2012 Startup Fest organized by Agora Media.
- Raju, S. (23 January 2011). "Top 15 Kanban Tools In An Agile World". Tools Journal. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- Anderson, David J. (2010). Kanban—Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business. Washington, D.C.: Blue Hole Press. ISBN 978-0-9845214-0-1.
- Anderson, David J. (2003). Agile Management for Software Engineering: Applying the Theory of Constraints for Business Results. New Jersey: Prentice Hall. ISBN 0-13-142460-2.
- Mead, N. (14 November 2013). "The best online tools to apply Kanban methodology". Bitelia.com. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Moran, M. (19 January 2011). "Kanban for Short Intense Projects: How We Used Kanban to Visualize Our Hiring Process Workflow and Make Our Lives Easier". Personal Kanban. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Nieśmiertelne karteczki w wirtualnej odsłonie". Startup Magazine (in Polish) (Poland): 6–7. January 2013. ISSN 2083-909X.
- Eckenfels, M. (June 2014). "Tolle Tafeln". Linux Magazin (in German) (Germany: Linux New Media): 44–45. ISSN 1432-640X.
- "API and comment notifications". Shore Labs. 13 February 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Kanban Tool On-Site is now available". Shore Labs. 23 March 2013. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Kanban Tool introduces seamless Time Tracking". Shore Labs. 16 April 2014. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Projects and Companies using Backbone". GitHub.com. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Raju, S. (23 January 3022). "Top 15 Kanban Tools in an Agile World". Tools Journal. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Gibson, Jake (20 May 2014). "The Best Software Tools to Run a Startup". Entrepreneur Magazine (United States: Entrepreneur Media). ISSN 0163-3341.
- Noorani, M. "Kanban Tool Software Review: Overview – Features – Pricing". Project Management Software Reviews. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Liles, K. (21 June 2013). "Kanban Tool—Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign". Killer Startups. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- Marczak, Grzegorz (3 October 2012). "Złota piętnastka została wybrana czyli nadchodzi Startup Fest 2012 (Gold Fifteen chosen for upcoming Startup Fest 2012)". Antyweb Sp. Retrieved 30 June 2014.