Kandanad West Orthodox Diocese
|Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church|
|Founder||St. Thomas the Apostle|
|Primate||Baselios Mar Thoma Paulose II|
|Possessions|| United Arab Emirates
|Language||Malayalam, English, Hindi, Konkani, Kannada, Syriac|
Kandanad West Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church
Kandanad Diocese was created in 1876 Mulanthuruthy Synod. At that time the parishes of Kandanad diocese spread in Kottayam, Idukki and Ernakulam Districts. The first metropolitan of this diocese was Paulose Mar Ivanios (Murimattathil Bava), who later became the first Catholicos of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.
Kandanad West Diocese was created in 2002 after dividing the then existed Kandanad Diocese.
- Paulose Mar Ivanios
- Yuyakim Mar Ivanios
- Augen Mar Thimothios
- Paulose Mar Philoxenos
- Joseph Mar Pachomiose
- Mathews Mar Severios.
Social welfare projects
The Kandanad West Diocese has initiated several charitable projects.
Located at Karimpana, Koothattukulam, Pratheekha Bhavan (The House of Hope) is the rehabilitation home for 50 orphan women who are mentally and physically challenged.
Prasanthi Bhavan (The House of Comfort) is designed to provide comfort to terminally ill patients who have no place to go. Situated at Kadayiruppu, this institution aims at providing service facilities for eighty poor patients who need long term treatment and protection.
Prathyasa Bhavn (The House of Expectation) taking care of 50 orphan boys who are mentally and physically challenged. Prathyasa Bhavan is located at South Piramadaom, Pampakkuda.
Prathibha Bhavan is a job orientation centre for unemployed located at Kunnackal, Muvattupuzha. The project aims at training unemployed youths for self-employment through various small scale industries. Income from the sale of products are utilised for the expenses of charitable projects of the diocese. Products of the project are Prathibha Curry Powder, Prathibha Garments, Prathibha Candles, Prathibha Umbrellas and Prathibha Soaps.
Helping poor patients by donating medicines.
Promodam (Make people Happy) is a free food service which aims at distributing daily free lunch to inpatients in 11 government hospitals at Piravam, Muvattupuzha, Koothattukulam, Vadavucode, Kadayiruppu, Valakam, Ramamanagalam, Pampakkuda, Thodupuzha, Mulanthuruthy and Pandappilly.
- St. Mary's Orthodox Church, Attinkunnu
- St. George Orthodox Church, Edamaruku
- St. George Orthodox Church, Kadamattom
- St. Mary's Orthodox Church, Kandanad
- St. George Orthodox Church, Kizhumuri
- St. Peter's and St. Paul's Orthodox Church, Kolenchery
- St. George Orthodox Church, Kottor
- St. George Orthodox Church, Kunnackal West
- St. George Sehion Orthodox Church, Kunnackal East
- Mar Augen Orthodox Church, Maravanthuruthu
- St. George Orthodox Church, Moolamattom
- St. George Orthodox Church, Karmelkkunnu
- St. Mary's Orthodox Cathedral, Mulakulam
- St. Johns Orthodox Valiya Pally, Pampakkuda
- St. Thomas Orthodox Cheriya Pally, Pampakkuda
- St. George Orthodox Church, Perumbadavom
- St. Johns Orthodox Church, Peruva
- St. Mary's Orthodox Church, Peruva