Kandhamal (Lok Sabha constituency)
Kandhamal Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 21 Lok Sabha constituencies in Odisha state in eastern India. This constituency came into existence in 2008, following the implementation of delimitation of parliamentary constituencies based on the recommendations of the Delimitation Commission of India constituted in 2002.
Baliguda, G. Udayagiri, Phulbani, Boudh and Bhanjanagar assembly segments were earlier in Phulbani constituency
Members of Parliament
- 2009: Rudramadhab Ray, BJD 
- 2014: Hemendra Chandra Singh, BJD
- 2014: Pratyusha Rajeshwari Singh, BJD
2014 By-Election Result
In 2014 bye-election, Biju Janata Dal candidate Pratyusha Rajeshwari Singh defeated Bharatiya Janata Party candidate Rudramadhab Ray by a margin of 2,98,868 votes. Bye-election to the Kandhmal lok sabha constituency was held on 15th October 2014. Seven candidates had contested the election.
|2014 Bye- Election, Odisha|
|BJD||Pratyusha Rajeshwari Singh||4,77,529||61.5||-|
|NOTA||None of the above||11,053||1.4||-|
2014 Election Result
In 2014 election, Biju Janata Dal candidate Hemendra Chandra Singh defeated Indian National Congress candidate Harihar Karan by a margin of 1,81,017 votes.
|2014 Genaral Election, Odisha|
|BJD||Hemendra Chandra Singh||4,21,458||'||-|
|BJP||Sukanta Kumar Panigrahi||1,08,744||'||-|
|Independent||Basanta Kumar Pradhan||5,798||'||-|
- "13 - Kandhamal Parliamentary (Lok Sabha) Constituency". Datanet India Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Parliamentary Constituency: Kandhamal". Indian Elections. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "BJP, BJD Finalise Candidates; Cong Still Awaits Sonia Nod". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "Kandhamal bypolls: Ind candidate withdraws, seven in fray". Zee Media Corporation. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "BJD wins Kandhamal by-polls trouncing BJP in Odisha". DNA. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Dehury, Chinmaya. "Ex MLA Abhimanyu Behera is Congress candidate for Odisha bypoll". Odisha Sun Times. Retrieved 25 September 2014.