Karan Dalla (As suggested by Pramendra)
|Elevation||241 m (791 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kandhla is located at  It has an average elevation of 241 meters (790 feet). The Postal Code (Zip Code) is 247775. Sunna, Kiwana, aldi panjokhra, gujjarpur, jasala, bharsi, bhabisa, lisarh, hazipur, dangrol and dugadda are some villages located in its zone. It has a wide range of culture..
Kandhla is situated midway on the State Highway connecting Delhi to Saharanpur via Baghpat Baraut Shamli [DELHI - Baghpat - Baraut - Kandhla - Shamli - Thana Bhawan - Jalalabad - Nanauta - SAHARANPUR ]. The above route is also accessible and connected by Broad Gauge Train Link.
The major Important Towns and Cities in the neighbourhood are
- Delhi 50 miles (80 km), on the South,
- Saharanpur 50 miles (80 km), on the North,
- Muzaffar Nagar 31 Miles (50 km), on the East
- Meerut 50 miles (80 km), on the South East,
- Panipat 22 miles (34 km), on the west,
- Karnal 45 miles (72 km), on the North west
As of 2001[update] India census, Kandhla had a population of 40,183. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Kandhla has an average literacy rate of 39%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 48%, and female literacy is 30%. In Kandhla, 20% of the population is under six years of age. The town is home of large number of Muslim Shaikhzadas, Jains and Vaishs. Neighboring villages of Kandhla are dominated of Jats and gujjars. It has the distinction of getting one of the first central sewage system and Government Degree (now post-graduate) College exclusively for girls even before many big cities and districts in this area. It has Government Girls Inter College, Hindu Inter College (for boys) and Chandan Lal Inter College (co-education) for schooling up to 12th standards feeding to large population from nearby villages and towns.
Kandhla has been famous for its religious services as prominent of scholars and spiritual personalities of their time born there. Their services are well known around the world and need not much introduction. Ramlila festival of Kandhla is famous in "North Uttar Pradesh" for its communal reconciliation.
The village has produced a variety of clerics, scholars, authors, teachers, and preachers and through their hard work hundred thousands of people were benefited and learned and tasted the spirit of Islam. At the same time they got motivated to practice the pure and pristine Islam by the grace of Allah.
Many streams of religious services and learning of teaching originated from this village and people all over the world are benefiting from the efforts, writings and teachings from Kandhla.
The "Laxmi Narayana Mandir" and "Jama Majid" are the two famous places of Kandhla. It is the only town where both "Jama Masjid and Laxmi Narayana mandir" are adjacent to each other.
Kandhla came into prominence more after the services of the Tableeghi Jamaat reached the world for the movement of Dawat-o-Tableegh was initiated by a man from this obscure village and it still being run by the people from this very Khanwada (family), in the Mohalla Molviyan in Kandhla. The book Fazail-e-Aamal which one of the most read books in the world was written by no other than Maulana Zakariya Kandhlavi.
Kandhla Nagar Palika Parishad Election Results 2012
Current elections were held on June 27, 2012 and results were declared on July 7, 2012 Mr. Haji Wajid Hasan was elected as the Chairman of Nagar Palika Parishad Kandhla.
|S.No||Name of Ward||Ward Member|
|2||Mr. veenod saini|
|8||Mrs. vijay lakshmi|
|13||lokesh kumar urf pintu|
|18||Mr. jawed khan|
|19||Mrs. seeta saini|
|21||Mr. Islam jung|
|23||Mr. nazim hasan|
|24||Mr. rakesh saini|
1. Maulana Muzaffar Hussain Rahmatulla-alaih
2. Maulana Muhammad Zakariya Sahab Rahmatulla-alaih [Author of Faza'il-e-A'maal, Faza'il-e-Sadqaat]
3. Maulana Aehtishamul Haq Rahmatulla-alaih
4. Maulana Aehatram Sahab Rahmatulla-alaih
5. Maulana Mufti Iftikharul Hasan Sahab Jallamajdaahum
6. Maulana Rashid Sahab Jallamajdaahum
7. Maulana Yusuf Sahab Rahmatulla-alaih
8. Maulana Haroon Sahab Rahmatulla-alaih
9. Maulana Saad Sahab Damatwabarkatahum
10. Maulana Zubair Sahab Rahmatulla-alaih
11. Ehsan Danish (poet, prose writer & linguist)
12. Haji Abdul Aziz Qureshi Sahab
13. Shri Ajab Singh (Ex-MLA)
14. Shri Virendra Singh (Ex-MLA)
14. Shri Balbir Singh Malik (Ex-MLA)
15. Mr. Nadeem siddiqui (President) CARE INDIA ORGANIZATION
16. Shri Chandan Lal Agarwal (Cofounder of Shri Chandan Lal National Inter College)
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kandhla
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.