|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||ISO 3166-2:IN|
Kandi subdivision is a subdivision of the Murshidabad district in the state of West Bengal, India. It consists of Kandi municipality and five community development blocks: Kandi, Khargram, Burwan, Bharatpur–I and Bharatpur–II. The five blocks contain 50 gram panchayats. The subdivision has its headquarters at Kandi.
Apart from the Kandi municipality, the subdivision contains rural areas of 50 gram panchayats under five community development blocks: Kandi, Khargram, Burwan, Bharatpur–I and Bharatpur–II. There is no urban area under these five blocks.
Rural area under Kandi block consists of ten gram panchayats, viz. Andulia, Hizole, Kumarsanda, Purandarpur, GokarnaI, Jashahari Anukha–I, Mahalandi–I, Gokarna–II, Jashahari Anukha–II and Mahalandi–II. Kandi police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Kandi.
Rural area under Khargram block consists of 12 gram panchayats, viz. Eroali, Jaipur, Kirtipur, Padamkandi, Balia, Jhilli, Mahisar, Parulia, Indrani, Khargram, Margram and Sadal. Khargram police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Nagar.
Rural area under Burwan block consists of 13 gram panchayats, viz. Burwan–I, Kalyanpur–II, Panchthupi, Sundarpur, Burwan–II, Kharjuna, Sabaldaha, Biprasekhar, Kuli, Sabalpur, Kalyanpur–I, Kurunnorun and Sahora. Burwan police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Gram Salika.
Rural area under Bharatpur–I block consists of eight gram panchayats, viz. Alugram, Bharatpur, Gundiria, Sijgram, Amlai, Gadda, Jajan and Talgram. Bharatpur police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Bharatpur.
As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in West Bengal, the Khargram block and two gram panchayats under the Burwan block, viz. Kalyanpur–I and Kalyanpur–II, will together constitute the Khargram assembly constituency of West Bengal. The other eleven gram panchayats under the Burwan block along with three gram panchayats under the Bharatpur–I block, viz. Gadda, Gundiria and Jajan, will together form the Burwan assembly constituency. The Kandi block and the Kandi municipality will be part of the Kandi assembly constituency. The Bharatpur–II block and five gram panchayats under the Bharatpur–I block, viz. Alugram, Bharatpur, Sijgram, Amlai and Talgram, will together form the Bharatpur assembly constituency. Khargram and Burwan constituencies will be reserved for Scheduled castes (SC) candidates. The Khargram constituency will be part of the Jangipur (Lok Sabha constituency), whereas Burwan, Kandi and Bharatpur constituencies will be assembly segments of the Baharampur (Lok Sabha constituency).
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 2008-03-19. Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns( Municipal Corporation,Municipality,Notified Area and Cantonment Board) , Census Towns and Outgrowths, West Bengal, 2001". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- "List of Districts/C.D.Blocks/ Police Stations with Code No., Number of G.Ps and Number of Mouzas". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Murshidabad district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-27.
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. pp. 8,23. Retrieved 2009-01-12.
there is a excellent village in Murshidabad district under bharatpur panchayat name karandi.i thing it should get nirmal gram award.