|Directed by||Santosh srinivas|
|Produced by||Bellamkonda Suresh|
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Sri Sai Ganesh Productions
Multidimension Entertainments Private Limited
|Budget||15 crore rs|
|Box office||45 crore rs (world wide )|
Kandireega is a Telugu romantic comedy film directed by Santosh srinivas and produced by Bellamkonda Suresh under Sri Sai Ganesh Productions and released on 12 August 2011. The film features Ram and Hansika Motwani in the lead roles. The film's music was scored by S. Thaman. It was declared a super hit at the box office. This film was remade in Bengali as Paglu 2 starring Dev and Koel Mallick directed by Sujit Mondal, and is remade into Hindi as Main Tera Hero, directed by David Dhawan, starring Varun Dhawan and Ileana D'Cruz.
Sreenu (Ram) is the son of Vishwanatham (Chandra Mohan). He is a high school drop-out in Anakapalle and wants to marry his uncle's (Dharmavarapu Subramanyam) daughter Bujji (Swati Reddy). She rejects him stating that he doesn’t have basic college education. Sreenu, who is clever and street-smart decides to go to Hyderabad for further education. While travelling in the train, he bashes up a bunch of rowdies teasing college girls. At the college in Hyderabad, he meets Shruthi (Hansika Motwani) and falls in love with her. The city gangster Bhavani (Sonu Sood) is in love with her and blackmails her to marry him. He beats anyone moving closely with Shruthi. Meanwhile, henchmen of Warangal Rajanna (Jaya Prakash Reddy), a dreaded chieftain, are looking for Sreenu in the city.
Sreenu meets Bhavani and forces him to a challenge, whereby, he will make Shruthi love him. Sreenu rescues Shruthi from being kidnapped by the gang of Yadayya, a rival of Bhavani. When Sreenu wins Shruthi's heart and both of them decide to elope, she is kidnapped.
It is then revealed that Rajanna kidnapped Shruthi to get hold of Sreenu because Rajanna's daughter Sandhya (Aksha Pardasany) is in love with Sreenu. She was the girl who was saved by Sreenu on the train. Sreenu lands at Rajanna's place and finds himself in a fix. Bhavani, too, arrives at Rajanna's place to take away Shruthi. A police intelligence officer (Raghu Babu), Rajanna's brother-in-law, comes to attend Sreenu and Sandhya's wedding. Sreenu and Bhavani start their one-upmanship games to win Shruthi.
How Sreenu comes out of this quagmire to rescue Shruthi from the clutches of Rajanna and Bhavani and what happens to Sandhya are revealed in the climax interspersed with twists and turns.
- Ram as Sreenu
- Hansika Motwani as Shruthi
- Aksha Pardasany as Sandhya
- Sonu Sood as Bhavani
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Rajanna
- Chandra Mohan as Vishwanatham
- Srinivasa Reddy as Sreenu's friend
- M. S. Narayana as Sreenu's uncle
- Rama Prabha
- Raghu Babu as intelligence officer
- Dharmavarapu Subramanyam as Sreenu's uncle
- Brahmanandam in a cameo
- Swati Reddy as Bujji (in a guest appearance)
This film was initially announced in October 2009 with Ravi Teja playing the lead role and with Krishna Vamsi as director, with the producer announcing the film as a partly fantasy venture. The film progressed in pre-production with Sameera Reddy, Tamannaah Bhatia and Sneha Ullal being considered to portray the heroine role, whilst the fantasy elements in the original script were removed. In April 2010, it was revealed that the producer and Ravi Teja had fallen out and he was replaced by Ram. Despite indications that Samantha Ruth Prabhu would portray the lead female role, filming began in October 2010 with Ram and Hansika Motwani, whilst actress Swati Reddy shot scenes the following month. Ram stated on his Twitter account that the film had three female lead roles, and suggested that Nisha Aggarwal was signed on. Another leading lady Shriya Saran has appeared in a song sequence for the film.
During the first schedule, events on the set of the film became the reason for the Telugu film industry strikes of 2010 after Telugu film fighters attacked Tamil film technicians in Chennai on the sets of the film in December 2009. Enraged by this, producers called for a bandh the next day. However, film workers declared a strike immediately after that for an indefinite period. The crisis affected the whole film industry and no films were shot in Andhra Pradesh during late December and early January during negotiations.
As per news, within March 2012 a sequel is on cards with name Kandireega 2 bringing the same team back.
|Soundtrack album by S. Thaman|
|Released||14 July 2011|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|S. Thaman chronology|
Kandireega audio was launched at Taj Deccan in Hyderabad on 14 July 2011. Senior actor Venkatesh was the Chief guest at the audio launch. Dharmavarapu Subramaniam, hero Gopichand, producer Bellamkonda Suresh, director of the film Santosh Srinivas, senior director V V Vinayak, music composer S S Thaman, actress Aksha, Sravanti Ravikishore etc. all were present at the grand audio launch.
|3.||"Nenkudithey"||Naveen, MLR Karthikeyan, Aalaap Raju, Ranjith, Ranina Reddy, Dharshana|
|4.||"Angelina"||Ranjith, Ranina Reddy, Suchitra|
|5.||"Premey"||Ranjith, Hemachandra, Deepu, Revanth Kumar, MLR Karthikeyan, Bindhu Mahima, Geetha Madhuri, Sravana Bhargavi|
Reportedly the Hindi remake rights of the film were sold to Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Motion Pictures for 20 million which has Varun Dhawan in lead, directed by his father David Dhawan. The film was named Main Tera Hero.
- "Ravi Teja as Kandireega!". Sify.com. 21 October 2009. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Kandireega awaits total makeover". Sify.com. 24 December 2009. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Kandireega | Colors Swathi Kandireega | Ram | Hansika Motwani | Santosh Srinivas | Bellamkonda Suresh". CineGoer.com. 16 November 2010. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Nisha Agarwal to play third fiddle in 'Kandireega' – Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 4 December 2010. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Shriya's special song for 'Kandireega' – Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 19 April 2011. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- TNN 28 Dec 2010, 04.44 am IST. "4 film fighters suspended in a bid to end Tollywood tussle – Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- TNN 12 Jan 2011, 08.41 am IST. "Tollywood back to action – Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Chakri out and Thaman in for 'Kandireega' – Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 7 March 2011. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Ekta Kapoor brings David and Varun Dhawan together for the remake Kandireega in Hindi.".