|Mika Naville (CEO)|
|Products||Rebound boots, Fitness programs, sport clothing line, DVD's and CD's|
|Slogan||Have Fun, Getting Fit|
Kangoo Jumps is the leading rebounding sports brand worldwide.It belongs to RDM,S.A.
Prototypes for springed boots were developed in the 20th century in Eastern Europe. The original purpose for the invention was as a recreation device for athletes recovering from leg injuries. Joe Ruhl, president and co-owner of Excel Physical Therapy and Fitness tested them and he said the shoes do seem easy on the joints and said it made sense that the Jumps will help you tone muscles faster and burn more calories. “You could really feel those muscles working a lot more than what you would normally do when jogging,”
This concept was redesigned in the 1990s by Swiss entrepreneur Denis Naville, who focused on improving comfort, design, performance, and later on a bunch of fitness programs were created as Kangoo Jumps Fitness Programs. Naville's first model, KJ-1, was presented at the SISEL Sport Fair in Paris, 1994. Since then, the boots have been developed for use as recreational sport devices, available in both adult and junior sizes. New Products have come since then. KJ4TT introduced Twin Turbo in 1996. First model for children was named KJJ-A Junior in 1998. With the new century KJ4-XR was presented providing Extra rebounding (XR) and several new technologies (2003). A year later, first Pro model appeared, intended for proficiency athletes and heavy people.
- Running and jogging: Kangoo Jumps were originally developed to reduce the impact stress on jogger's joints. They are advertised as being suitable for the avid jogger, serious runner, or casual health-conscious exerciser.
- Weight loss: The use of Kangoo Jumps is also advertised as a tool for weight loss exercise, offering a biomechanically efficient low-impact environment.
- Rebound exercise: Rebound exercise is advertised as a means of reducing body fat, firming and strengthening muscles, increasing agility, and providing an aerobic workout for the heart. Kangoo Jumps are intended to provide an increased gravitational load on the body, strengthening the musculoskeletal system and protecting the joints from the chronic fatigue associated with exercising on hard surfaces.
- Impact Forces During Running in a Novel Spring Boot by Department of Kinesiology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- New York Times, 29 Nov. 2012, "Urban Athlete:Putting the Bounce Back in Your Step," http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/30/nyregion/putting-the-bounce-back-in-your-step.html
- Chiropodist study claim
- Center for the Analysis of Sports Science at University of Lausanne in Geneva, Switzerland.
- NASA Rebounding Study