Kankakee Township, Jasper County, Indiana
Location in Jasper County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||25.97 sq mi (67.3 km2)|
|• Land||25.27 sq mi (65.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.7 sq mi (2 km2) 2.70%|
|Elevation||663 ft (202 m)|
|• Density||39.1/sq mi (15.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453520|
Kankakee Township was established in 1856.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.97 square miles (67.3 km2), of which 25.27 square miles (65.4 km2) (or 97.30%) is land and 0.7 square miles (1.8 km2) (or 2.70%) is water.
- Pleasant Township, Porter County (north)
- Dewey Township, LaPorte County (northeast)
- Railroad Township, Starke County (east)
- Cass Township, Pulaski County (southeast)
- Walker Township (southwest)
- Wheatfield Township (west)
- "Kankakee Township, Jasper County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- A standard history of Jasper and Newton counties, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. 1916. p. 51.