Kannapolis (Amtrak station)
|Address||201 South Main Street
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Owned by||City of Kannapolis|
|Passengers (2012)||18,748 11%|
The Kannapolis Amtrak Station, located in Kannapolis, North Carolina, is served by the Carolinian and Piedmont passenger trains. The street address is 201 South Main Street, and is located in the heart of downtown Kannapolis.
This facility was completed in December 2004 to serve as a permanent replacement for the temporary facility that was across the parking lot from where the current facility rests. The new station blends with the existing architecture of downtown Kannapolis, with Gomes & Staub serving as architect and Titus Construction serving as general contractor.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2012, State of North Carolina" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2012. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Kannapolis Station". North Carolina Department of Transportation. August 2006. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- "City/ State Leaders Gather to Open New Kannapolis Train Station" (Press release). North Carolina Department of Transportation. 2005-02-23. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- Amtrak – Stations – Kannapolis, NC
- Old & New Kannapolis Amtrak Stations (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
|This North Carolina train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|