Kanpur Civil Airport
|Kanpur Civil Airport
कानपुर हवाई अड्डा
|IATA: KNU – ICAO: VIKA|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||411 ft / 125 m|
Kanpur Civil Airport (IATA: KNU, ICAO: VICX) is located inside Kanpur Cantonment. It is used by small aircraft of the flying club of Kanpur, the DGCA, the local flying school, and the NCC Air Wing.
Incident and Accidents
On the morning of 18 May 1996, a 19 seater Archana Airways L-410 aircraft operating on the Delhi - Kanpur sector touched down late and could not be stopped within the available runway length, ending up beyond the runway. The aircraft hit the boundary wall of the airport and came to a halt. The aircraft sustained major damages, but there was no fire and no injury to persons on board the aircraft.
- http://www.aai.aero/allAirports/kanpur_generalinfo1.jsp AAI website
- "Location". Garg Aviation. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- "Civil Aviation Aircraft Accident Summary for the year 1996". DGCA. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- Airport information for KANPUR at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- List of airports by ICAO code: V#VA VE VI VO - India
- List of airports in India
- IIT Kanpur#Laboratories and other facilities
|This article about an airport in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|