Kansas Department of Corrections
Great Seal of the State of Kansas
|Headquarters||900 SW Jackson
|Agency executive||Ray Roberts, Secretary of Corrections|
As of January 1, 2014, the Kansas Department of Corrections currently operates 10 facilities.
- El Dorado Correctional Facility
- Ellsworth Correctional Facility (inmate capacity 832)
- Hutchinson Correctional Facility
- Lansing Correctional Facility
- Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility (inmate capacity 553)
- Norton Correctional Facility (inmate capacity 963)
- Topeka Correctional Facility
- Winfield Correctional Facility (inmate capacity 554)
- Wichita Work Release Facility (inmate capacity 250)
Prisoner Review Board
Under the indeterminate release structure, the Prisoner Review Board determines when an incarcerated inmate will be released. Furthermore, the Board establishes supervision conditions of parole and conditional release, discharges successful parole and conditional releasees from supervision per the recommendation of the Parole Officer and revokes the release of those who have violated the conditions of their supervision.
On July 1, 1993, the legislature enacted the sentencing guidelines system. In this process, the Prisoner Review Board has the added responsibility of establishing conditions of supervision for inmates released on post-release supervision. The Board is also responsible for revoking those individuals who have violated their conditions of release. Under both systems, the Prisoner Review Board has the responsibility to review executive clemency applications and make recommendations to the Governor regarding the clemency.
- List of law enforcement agencies in Kansas
- List of United States state correction agencies
- List of U.S. state prisons