|— village —|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+05:30)|
Kanthaloor is a village nestled in the Western Ghats of India.The salubrious climate and the picturesque landscapes and wide variety of tropical crops coupled with the close proximity of Munnar (a major hill station), has transformed this village into a tourist destination.
Kanthaloor is famous for its wide variety of crops which is not seen on the other parts of kerala, which includes varieties of Apple, Orange, Strawberry, Blackberry, Plums, Gooseberry, Egg fruits, peach & passion fruits..etc.
Only road transportation available. Nearest highway is NH-49 which passes through Munnar and can be accessed from Kanthalloor-Marayoor-Munnar. Truck trails to Tamil Nadu also available from Kanthalloor, Bodi district in Tamil Nadu is near to this place
Current panchayath member for kanthalloor (Ward 2) is S.Pushpalatha 
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Retrieved 2008-12-10.[dead link]
- "Kanthalloor Details (ML)". Kerala Government. Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- "Kanthalloor". Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- "Rain Shadow village....". Kerala Government. Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- "Member". Kerala Government. Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- "Population". Kerala Government. Retrieved October 3, 2011.
|This article related to a location in Idukki district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|