Kanthapuram A. P. Aboobacker Musalyar
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (August 2014)|
||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (August 2014)|
|Sheikh Abubacker Ahmed. Kanthapuram A. P. Aboobacker Musliyar (شيخ ابوبكر أحمد)|
22 March 1939 |
Kanthapuram, Kozhikode District, Kerala, India.
|Residence||[kanthapuram,near poonoor [Kozhikode district|
|Occupation||Chancellor Jamia Markaz,Calicut,India,
General Secretary, All India Sunni Jam-Iyyathul Ulema.
||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (November 2013)|
Kanthapuram A. P. Aboobacker Musliyar (Arab world known as: sheikh Aboobacker Ahmad (شيخ ابوبكر أحمد)), (born on 22 March 1939) is the leader and scholar of one of the traditionalist Sunni Muslims (shafi) in Kerala, India. Usthad Shaikh Aboobackar bin Ahmad is the General Secretary of the All India Muslim Scholars Association and founder and Vice Chancellor of Jamia Markazu Ssaquafathi Ssunniyya (Sunni Cultural Centre), Karanthur, Kozhikode, Kerala. He is also chief patron of the Sunni Youth Society and General Secretary, Jamiat Ulema (Kerala) Kanthapuram is a scholar, orator, writer, organizer, educationist and fore-fighter of social revivalism.
Sheikh Aboobacker would be remembered by the future generation on the very fact that he led forward the contemporary Muslim multitude from a chaotic and apprehensive stage to one with confidence and hope. He started with guiding the Kerala Muslim Society by redefining the sense of duty of the Ulama or the learned, and actively involving in the process of social reformation, and thereby played an incomparable role in linking the Muslim community with the mainstream population. Born on 22 March 1939, in the suburban village of Kanthapuram, Calicut Kerala, his course of services knows no boundaries as they crossed the barriers of language, caste, culture and population. This service enlightenment shed lights to the abandoned valley of Kashmir, the illiterate ghettos of Bengal, the riot hit Gujarat and surpassed to Africa and Arabian subcontinents. These include free education, food, clothing and shelter to thousands of orphans and destitute, drinking water projects, aid work, charity healthcare, disaster relief programmes, poor homes, medical camps, orphanages, schools, colleges, educational and technical institutions, Masjids, sustainability programmes...etc. Under his patronage and guidance is Markaz, an unmatched academia, which feeds more than 20,000 students educationally in different streams out of which around 2,500 are orphans (girls and boys) getting modern education with free clothing food and accommodation. Professional courses are extended to them free of cost. Hundreds of other orphanages and mosques all over India are under his guidelines. He has opened a special care center for the poor and orphan children from Kashmir which accommodates 300 boys presently. We could distinguish in Sheikh Aboobacker, a traditional Islamic scholar, who had been missing from the brilliant past of the Islamic civilization, but of course, with the most modern outlook. He bridges the gap between the poor and the elite, the common and the ruling, the modern educated and the religious Ulama. The significance of the revival which Kanthapuram proved lies in the fact that he could form this alternative perspective of a renaissance of the community without deviating from the social mainstream. Further, this progression convinced the modern society that the Islamic knowledge system does not refuse any progressive ideas. A learned scholar in Islamic theology, Qur’An, Hadith and Jurisprudence, he was awarded the M.F.B. (Moulavi Fadhil Baqawi) Degree from the renowned Islamic College, Baqiyathu Swalihat, Vellore, T.N. India, on 30 December 1963. He is well versed in Arabic, Urdu and Tamil languages and has a fare knowledge of English too. Sheikh Aboobacker has the exclusive previlege of owning the heirarchical sequences and chains (Musalsalath) of the Islamic traditions (Hadith) from the venerable teachers of the Holy Makkah. Abul Faydh Mohammed Yasin Al Fadani (Makkah), Sayyid Isma’eel Zein (Makkah) are two of such teachers of great recognition.He is well known among the lslamic scolars around the world.
Award and facilitations
- He was named among "500 Most Influential Muslims in the world" in 2009 and 2011[by whom?].
- Best Social Worker Award by Darul Islam Academy Ras Al Khaima, UAE, 1992.
- Indian Islamic Centre Award for the Best Social, Cultural and Educational Service, 2000.
- Hamil Al Gaith International Holy Quran Award Abu Dhabi, 2005.
- Indo-Arab Islamic Personality Award, U.A.E, 2006.
- Anjuman Hafiz-i-Bukhari Award U.P (Best Indian Hadith Scholar)
- Islamic Heritage Award, Jeddah, KSA, 2009.
- H.H Sree Chithira Thirunal Maharaja Award (India), 2009.
- Shaikh Muhyiddeen Abdul Kadir Jeelani Award (Tamil Nadu), 2009.
International Representation of the Indian Muslims
- International Islamic Seminar, Colombia, Canada,1990.
- The 68th International Islamic Conference, Hotel Nile Hilton, Cairo, on 13–16 July 1997.
- The 2nd International Islamic Unity Conference, under the auspices of the Islamic Supreme Council of America, Omnishore Ham Hotel, Washington, 7-9, August, 1998.
- The Peace Call of Shari'a Conference organized by the Sri Lankan Shari'a Council, Colombo, 13 & 14, June, 1998.
- International Muslim Scholars Conference, Radissons SAS Auditorium, Amman, on 18th, September 1999.
- International Islamic Conference, Malaysia 2001.
- The International Fiqh Seminar, Pretoria, South Africa in October, 2003.
- The Hasaniyya Lectures, Rabat, Morocco, in November 2004.
- International Al- Azhar Conference, Kuala Lumpur, 2008.
- International Fiqh Conference, Tripoli, Libya, 2009.
- Doha Interfaith Dialogue, Qatar, 2009.
- International Islamic Conference, Jordan, 2010.
- International Islamic Conference, Mauritania, 2010.
- International Sufi Conference Organized by Al Azhar University, Cairo – September 2011.
- Sheikh Aboobacker has been invited to the Annual Milad Conference of the Al Azhar University, Egypt, for the past 13 years.
- He enjoyed the 'Special Guest' invitation in the years 2005, 2006 and 2007, by the President of the United Arab Emirates in the Holy month of Ramadan.
As a columnist in current Arabic and Malayalam periodicals, he has delivered more than 10,000 lectures virtually on every aspect of Islam i.e. Qur'an, Sunnah, History, Spiritualism, Mysticism, Morality, Philosophy, Theology, Law, Jurisprudence, Politics (National & International), and many other topics in comparative perspective of Islamic teachings.
USA, Canada, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Singapore, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Malaysia, Kuwait, Palestine, U.A.E., Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Morocco, Brunei, Mauritania, Libya,Turkey and Syria.
On Education, Religious Leadership, National Integrity, Economic Development, Political Stability, International Muslim Community, Islam and Science, Terrorism and Islam etc.
Books and literary works
As a writer in Arabic, Urdu and Malayalam in the leading journals, Kanthapuram has authored some scholarly studies. He is well conversant in Arabic, English, Urdu, Tamil and Malayalam.
To name some of the books written by him are:
- Thoughts of the Muslim World.
- An Introduction to the Study of Islam.
- The Hajj
- The American Diary.
- The Holy Prophets
- Congregational Prayer in Islam
- Women and the Friday Prayer
- Thareeqat- A Study
- Ismathul Ambiya (Arabic)
- Idhharul Farahi Va Ssuroor (Arabic)
- Assiyasathul Islamiyya (Arabic)
- Thaleemul Aqabir (Arabic)
- Al Ithibaau Wal Isthidaau (Arabic)
- Al Wahdathal Islamiyya (Arabic)
- Riyaalu Twalibeen (Arabic)
- Failaanul Musalsila (Arabic)
- Al Awa-id-ul-Wajdiyya
- Al-Ittiba’u wal Ibtida’u
- Idh-har-ul-Farah Was-Suroor bi Meelad-An-Nabiy-Al-Mabroor
- Faidhan-ul-Musalsila fi Bayani Ijazat Al-Mutadawila
- Tha'adheem-ul-Akabir wahtiram-us-Sha'air
- Sharhu Kitabi Touheed Lil Bukhari
- Ad-Du’a Ba’da As-Salat
- Tariqat-ut-Tasawuf beina Ad-Dakheel Wal Aseel
- Al Baraheen Al- Qat’iyyah Fir-Raddi ala Al- Qadiyaniyyah
- Imam Abu Hasan Al Ash’ari
- Islam and Qadiyanism (Islamum Qadiyanisavum)
- Women and Prayer (Sthree Jumu’a Jama’ath)
- Congregation (Jama’at Niskaram)
- An Introduction to Islam (Islam Padhanathinoramukham)
- A Study of Tariqah (Thariqath Padhanam)
- Mind of Islam
- Ahlu-us-Sunnah A comprehensive Study (Ahlu-Sunnah oru Samagra Padhanam)- Chief Editor
- Tolerance in Islam
- Al Hajj
- Thoughts of the Muslim World (Muslim Lokathinte vichara Dhara)
- The Group Prayer after Namaz (Koottu Prartana)
- American Sketches (Americayile Anubhavangal)
- Muhammed Rasool (SAW)
- Polygamy: Religion, Society (Bahu Bharyathvam, Matham, Samooham)
- Biography of Imam Bukhari (Imam Bukhari, Jeeva Charithram)
- "The 500 Most Influential Muslims : 2011". Gwu.edu. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "HRD panel to oversee RTE rollout". The Times Of India. 26 June 2010.
- Updated Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:27 AM IST (2013-11-13). "Home | Muslim |". Manorama Online. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "The Leader". Kanthapuram. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Mahaboob Kakkad. "Sheikh Aboobacker Bin Ahmad Home Page". Kanthapuram.com. Retrieved 2013-11-26.