|Born||Kanti Prasad Bajpai|
|Occupation||Writer, scholar, academic, former Headmaster of Doon School|
|Education||M. A, PhD|
|Alma mater||University of British Columbia
University of Illinois
The Doon School
|Notable works||Roots of Terrorism|
|Notable awards||K Subrahmanyam Award|
|Relatives||Girija Shankar Bajpai
Uma Shankar Bajpai
Kanti Prasad Bajpai is an Indian academic-analyst and the former headmaster of The Doon School, Dehra Dun, India, and is a notable international affairs analyst on Indian television. He is known to be an expert on Indo-China relations. He is currently a professor at National University of Singapore and is the Vice-Dean for Research of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy.
Early life and education
Kanti Prasad Bajpai comes from an eminent family of Indian diplomats: his father, Uma Shankar Bajpai was a former Indian High Commissioner to Canada; an uncle, K.S. Bajpai was a former Ambassador to United States; and his grandfather, Sir Girija Shankar Bajpai, was Agent-General for India in the United States prior to India gaining independence.
Bajpai, like most of his family before him, did his schooling at the prestigious The Doon School.After leaving Doon in 1972, Bajpai obtained Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Master of Arts in political science from the University of British Columbia in British Columbia, Canada, and returned to Doon and taught there in 1981. Dr. Bajpai went to North America for PhD in Political Science from the University of Illinois in 1982.
Bajpai returned to India in 1989 and taught at Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda for three years, he went back to America to teach at Wesleyan University. In 1993 he returned again to India to the Institute of Contemporary Studies of the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation. In 1994 he joined Jawaharlal Nehru University as professor of international studies. In 2000, he was a visiting professor at Notre Dame University in South Bend, Indiana. He also worked as a researcher at the Brookings Institute in Washington,D.C. the same year.
In June 2003, Bajpai was appointed eighth headmaster of the Doon, where he taught courses in general knowledge and English.
Bajpai left Doon in 2009 to join the School of Inter Disciplinary Area studies, Wolfson College, Oxford. After a short stint at Oxford, he joined the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at National University of Singapore as a Senior Professor. He is married to Bobbi, and they have two children, Gayatri and Rudra.
- South Asia after the Cold War: international perspectives, by Kanti P. Bajpai, Stephen P. Cohen, Program in Arms Control, Disarmament and International Security. Westview Press, 1993. ISBN 0-8133-8762-0.
- Interpreting world politics: essays for A.P. Rana, by A. P. Rana, Kanti P. Bajpai, H. C. Shukul. Sage Publications, 1995. ISBN 0-8039-9210-6.
- International Relations in India: Theorising the region and nation, by Kanti P. Bajpai, Siddharth Mallavarapu. Orient Blackswan, 2005. ISBN 81-250-2640-1. Excerpts
- International Relations in India: Bringing theory back home, by Kanti P. Bajpai, Siddharth Mallavarapu. Orient Blackswan, 2005. ISBN 81-250-2639-8.
- "Chapter 2 – Pakistan's Future: Muddle Along (Book: The Future of Pakistan by Stephen P.Cohen & Others, 2011). ISBN 978-0-8157-2180-2
- K Subrahmanyam Award – Award for Excellence in research and strategic security issues.
- NEWSLINE ANCHOR: Doon student Kanti Bajpai returns as its head Indian Express
- "Professor Kanti Bajpai – The Doon School's New Headmaster". Doon Online. Doon school. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- Banyan: Smoke without fire? | The Economist
- Kanti Prasad Bajpai's Profile
- "US Bajpai, veteran diplomat, dies at 83". Indian Express. 6 February 2005. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- "An Exclusive Interview with Professor Kanti Bajpai". Doon Online. Doon School. 24 March 2003. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- "Bajpai Kanti profile". School of Inter Disciplinary Area studies. Oxford University. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- Kanti Prasad Bajpai's Profile
- Kanti Bajpai wins K Subrahmanyam award – The Times of India
- Kanti Bajpai NUS Profile
- Oxford University Profile
- The Kanti Bajpai Chat at Rediff.com
- Kanti Bajpai columns Outlook
|Head master of The Doon School