|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Elevation||1,200 m (3,900 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kanyanya is bordered by unincorporated Wakiso District to the north, Mpererwe to the east, Kaleerwe to the south and Kawempe to the west. This location is approximately 9 kilometres (5.6 mi), by road, north of Kampala's central business district. The coordinates of Kanyanya are:0°22'25.0"N, 32°34'38.0"E (Latitude:0.373620; Longitude:32.577223).
Kanyanya is predominantly a middle-class residential area. Small business establishments, such as petrol stations, restaurants and bars appear at major intersections and along Kampala-Gayaza Highway.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within or near Kanyanya:
- Kanyanya Police Station - An establishment of the Uganda National Police
- Twin Heritage Museum - A private art museum owned by renown artist, Augustine Mugalula Mukiibi.
- Kampala Quality Primary School (KQPS) - A private, mixed, boarding elementary school
- Karibu Inn - A restaurant & bar
- Grayce Records Limited - A private recording studio owned by Ugandan music producer, Henry Kiwuuwa
- Greenfield Gardens Limited - A private, indoor and outdoor, middle-class, family restaurant & bar.
- Tonnet Agro Engineering Company Limited (TAECL) - A company that manufactures agro-processing machinery
- "Map Showing Kampala And Kanyanya With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Kanyanya At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- Newvision, Archive (31 October 2008). "Plush Bungalow for Abbey Mukiibi". New Vision. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- Basudde, Elvis. "Mugalula Mukiibi: Turning Art Into Heritage". New Vision Mobile. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Kajoba, Nicholas (24 July 2009). "Kampala Quality Primary Turns 10 Years". New Vision. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Newvision, Archive (16 September 2006). "Please Save Us From Karibu!". New Vision. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Ssemutooke, Joseph (18 February 2010). "Kiwuuwa's Midas Touch". New Vision. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Bazanye, Ernest. "Greenfields: Fine Food, Good Service And Ambience". New Vision. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Kasozi, John (7 September 2010). "Improving Quality: A Machine That Sorts, Grades Grain". New Vision. Retrieved 16 June 2014.