|Born||October 20, 1981|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, Jazz musician|
|Instruments||Alto saxophone, Flute|
Kobayashi was born on October 20, 1981 in the Kanagawa Prefecture. Her father was a photographer and her mother, a piano teacher. Beginning at a very young age, Kobayashi learned to play the piano. When she was 13 years old she joined a brass band and started to play the flute. Four years later she stopped playing in the band, instead choosing to start a relationship with the saxophone. After that she turned to jazz.
After four years, having learned from Bob Zangu how to play the saxophone in a jazz setting, she entered the Senzoku College of Music. After graduating, she got a contract with the label Victor Entertainment and her first album, Solar, appeared.
- Solar, Kaori's Collection (2005)
- Fine (2006)
- Glow (2007)
- Shiny (2008)
- The Golden Best (2009)
- Luv Sax (2009)
- Precious (2011)
- Seventh (2012)
- Urban Stream (2013)
- Spirit (2014)
- "Kaori Kobayashi official website" (in Japanese). 2010-08-26. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Biographie de Kaori Kobayashi" (in French). 2010-10-01. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- "Kaori Kobayashi official profile" (in Japanese). 2010-08-26. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Kaori Kobayashi official Web - MUSIC" (in Japanese). 2010-09-16. Retrieved 2010-09-16.