18 September 1978 |
|Area(s)||Character design, writer, manga artist, illustrator|
|Pseudonym(s)||Agata Fumio (県 文緒?)|
|Emma, A Bride's Story|
|Awards||Excellence Prize – Emma|
Kaoru Mori (森 薫 Mori Kaoru?, born 18 September 1978) is a Japanese manga artist from Tokyo. She is the creator of popular manga such as Shirley and Emma. Many of her works are set in Britain, centering on characters who are maids. She also writes dōjinshi under the penname Fumio Agata (県 文緒?).
Mori is not only famous for her storytelling and art, she is also famous for her unflattering self-portraits, usually an outline for a body, and a head with wild hair. She is also shy of making public appearances or giving interviews in person.
- Emma (エマ Ema?) – 10 volumes in total
- Shirley (シャーリー Shārī?) – ISBN 4-7577-1313-4, Release date: February 2003
- Otoyomegatari (乙嫁語り?, licensed as A Bride's Story) – Serializing in Enterbrain's bimonthly manga magazine Fellows! since October 2008.
- Chih-Chieh Chang (1 September 2006). "Interview: Kaoru Mori". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2007-12-30.
- "Emma's Mori Draws Shirley Spinoff, Satoshi Fukushima to Start Series". Anime News Network. 16 February 2010. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- 2005年 文化庁メディア芸術祭 マンガ部門 (in Japanese). Japan Media Arts Plaza. Retrieved 19 October 2009.
- Official blog (Japanese)
- Interview with Kaoru Mori
- Comic Natalie Power Push – Otoyomegatari (Japanese)