Kape at Balita
|Kape at Balita|
|Created by||GMA Network|
|Developed by||GMA News and Public Affairs|
|Directed by||Mike Domingo|
Joel Reyes Zobel
|Theme music composer||Jimmy Antiporda|
|Opening theme||"Kape at Balita"
by Frencheska Farr and Frank Magalona
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs daily)|
|Executive producer(s)||Portia Carbonell|
|Running time||1 1/2 hours|
|Original channel||GMA Network (1991-1993)
GMA News TV
(October 22, 2012 – August 16, 2013)
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
1991 – 1993
GMA News TV:
October 22, 2012 – August 16, 2013
Kape at Balita (literally Coffee and News in Filipino) is a morning newscast, talk and commentary program in the Philippines that was first aired from 1991 to 1993 on GMA Channel 7. The morning show went back on air since October 22, 2012 to The program was ended on August 16, 2013 on GMA News TV Channel 11.
The morning show was hosted by Jessica Soho and Bobby Guanzon from 1991 to 1993. The program shown simultaneously on GMA-7 and DZBB, it was one of the first TV-radio simulcast program in the country with Guanzon anchoring the show from the DZBB studio, and Soho hosting from the GMA News studio.
In October 2012, Kape at Balita went back on air with new set of hosts. Susan Enriquez serves as the main anchor of the program with DZBB anchor Joel Reyes Zobel, Michael Fajatin, Mariz Umali, and Valerie Tan as co-hosts. It is currently broadcast on GMA News TV on weekdays from 6:00 to 7:30 a.m. since October 22, 2012. The program was ended on August 16, 2013.
- Bobby Guanzon (from DZBB Studio)
- Jessica Soho (from GMA News Studio)
- Isah V. Red (16 October 2012). "GMA News TV launches morning show". Manila Standard Today.
- "Fresh new mornings with GMA News TV International’s Kape at Balita". GMA News. 12 October 2012. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Nestor U. Torre (16 November 2012). "New TV shows vie for viewers’ patronage". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Mark Angelo Ching (15 October 2012). "Kapuso newscaster Susan Enriquez agrees there’s a need for the Anti-Cybercrime Law". PEP.ph (in Filipino). Retrieved 18 January 2013.