Kaplan International Colleges
|Parent||The Washington Post Company|
Kaplan International Colleges (KIC) is a division of the education company Kaplan Inc., headquartered in London and founded in 1967. KIC provides English language courses, university and exam preparation and academic foundation courses in 42 locations worldwide. Courses are taught in city center schools, on university campuses and online. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Washington Post Company.
In 2007, Kaplan Inc. acquired Aspect Education, a U.K. company founded in 1967. Aspect provided English exam preparation and academic foundation courses. Aspect was combined with Kaplan's existing English language education division, and Kaplan Aspect was launched in September 2007.
In 2010, Kaplan Aspect and Kaplan International Colleges, the branch of Kaplan specializing in preparing international students for entry to British universities, were combined under the name Kaplan International Colleges.
In 2012, Kaplan International Colleges wholly acquired two international student recruitment agencies; BEO Limited in Japan, and Hands On Education Consultants in Thailand. Kaplan CEO, David Jones, has now been named as now responsible for all transnational programmes (students travelling to study) as well as Asia Pacific following the departure of Mark Coggins, formerly CEO of Kaplan Asia Pacific.
- Australia: Brisbane, Cairns, Manly, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide
- Canada: Toronto and Vancouver
- England: Bath, Somerset Bournemouth, Cambridge, London Covent Garden and Leicester Square, Manchester, Oxford, Salisbury and Torquay
- New Zealand: Auckland
- Republic of Ireland: Dublin
- Scotland: Edinburgh
- United States: Berkeley, Boston, Harvard Square and Northeastern University, Chicago and Illinois Institute of Technology, Irvine, Westwood, Los Angeles, Whittier College, Miami, Midtown Manhattan, East Village, Manhattan, Empire State Building, Philadelphia, Portland, Oregon, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle, Seattle Highline Community College and Washington, D.C.
Kaplan International Colleges offers a wide range of English as a foreign language courses varying in duration and intensity. KIC also offers English exam preparation courses for TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, CPE and CAE. Students can also combine internship or paid work placement with English language classes.
University Pathways Program
Kaplan International also has programs for students to enter U.K. university degree courses. Successful completion at the required level guarantees entrance to one of more than 1,000 degree courses at the following partner universities:
- Bournemouth University
- City University London
- Cranfield University
- Nottingham Trent University
- University of Brighton
- University of Glasgow
- University of Liverpool
- University of Sheffield
- University of Westminster
- University of the West of England
Kaplan International Colleges offers homestays, student apartments and on-campus university housing to students.
Kaplan International Colleges has worldwide accreditation for teaching English.
- Australia: NEAS
- Canada: CAPLS
- Ireland: ACELS
- New Zealand: NZQA
- UK: British Council BAC accreditation for foundation, pre-masters and diploma programs
- USA: ACCET