Kaplan Thaler Group
Kaplan Thaler Group (founded in 1997) is an advertising agency based in New York City. Its capabilities are: digital marketing, such as web development, social media, mobile, and online advertising; direct response, television, print, radio, and out of home. The agency is perhaps best known for creating the Aflac duck, Herbal Essences Totally Organic Experience, Continental Airlines “Work Hard. Fly Right. and Swiffer Sweeper campaigns. Current clients include: Wendy’s, U.S. Bank, Red Lobster, Pfizer, Champion as well as Procter and Gamble's Dawn, Cascade and Swiffer brands. On July 12, 2012, Publicis New York, part of Publicis Worldwide in the USA, and the Kaplan Thaler Group, part of the Paris-based Publicis Groupe, merged to form Publicis Kaplan Thaler. The combined New York-based entity, with over 650 employees, became the U.S. flagship agency within the Publicis Worldwide Network of over 200 offices in 82 countries.
CEO and Chief Creative Officer Linda Kaplan Thaler and President Robin Koval are the authors of three books: BANG! Getting Your Message Heard in a Noisy World,THE POWER OF NICE: How to Conquer the Business World with Kindness, and THE POWER OF SMALL: Why Little Things Make All the Difference.
- BANG! Getting Your Message Heard in a Noisy World (Random House, 2003)
- THE POWER OF NICE: How to Conquer the Business World with Kindness (Random House, 2006)
- THE POWER OF SMALL: Why Little Things Make All the Difference (Doubleday, 2009)
- "THE MEDIA BUSINESS: ADVERTISING; The extremely creative Kaplan Thaler Group agrees to be acquired by MacManus Group. - New York Times". Nytimes.com. 1999-05-25. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- Auletta, Ken. "Annals of Communications: The New Pitch". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "2010 | The Webby Awards Gallery + Archive". Webbyawards.com. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "Aflac Duck's Paddle to Stardom: Creativity on the Cheap - WSJ.com". Online.wsj.com. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "QA with Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval". Fast Company. 2007-12-20. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- Wong, Elaine (2009-10-09). "Why 'Freshness' Is Wendy’s New Marketing Ingredient | Adweek". Brandweek.com. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "Red Lobster Names Publicis Kaplan Thaler Creative Agency". Ad Age. 2014-07-07. Retrieved 2014-09-14.
- [dead link]