|Traded as||NYSE: KS|
|Industry||Pulp and Paper|
|Roger W. Stone Chairman & CEO, Matt Kaplan Chief Operating Officer|
|Products||Kraft paper, containerboard, Corrugated box, lumber|
|Revenue||▲ US$ 2,301 million (2014)|
|▲ US$ 299.9 million (2014)|
|▲ US$ 171.9 million (2014)|
Number of employees
The company has kraft paper manufacturing facilities in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, Cowpens, South Carolina, North Charleston, South Carolina and Longview, Washington, a lumber mill in Summerville, South Carolina and 22 corrugated box and corrugated fiberboard plants. It has approximately 4,700 employees.
The firm was originally started as a special-purpose acquisition company in 2005. It became an ongoing business concern when it acquired the Roanoke Rapids kraft paper mill from International Paper in January 2007. In July 2008, it acquired the Charleston kraft paper mill from MeadWestvaco.
In 2010, the firm was ranked 5th in Fortune Magazine's list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies. In 2011 it made the list again, ranked 20th fastest-growing. In October 2011, KapStone was ranked #10 on Forbes list on 100 Best Small Companies.
On July 18, 2013 KapStone acquired Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging for $1.025 Billion.
The are several subsidiaries operating in specific fields or in specific countries: KapStone Kraft Paper Corporation, KapStone Charleston Kraft LLC, KapStone Container Corporation, KapStone Europe SPRL, KapStone Asia Limited.
KapStone produces sack paper, containerboard, saturating Kraft products, Corrugated fiberboard sheets and boxes, and construction lumber. The company’s paper brands include Kraftpak®, DuraSorb®, TEA-Kraft®, FibreLok®, FibreShield® and FibreGreen®.
- KapStone Paper buying 6 MeadWestvaco mills for $485 million
- 100 Fastest-Growing Companies 2010: KapStone Paper and Packaging - KS - from FORTUNE
- 100 Fastest-Growing Companies 2011: KapStone Paper and Packaging - KS - FORTUNE on CNNMoney
- America's Best Small Companies - Forbes
- Kapstone - Investors - News Release
- * KapStone acquiring U.S. Corrugated - Roanoke Rapids Daily Herald
- KapStone Completes Acquisition of Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging, Inc.