Karachi Press Club
|Karachi Press Club
کراچی پریس کلب
|Karachi Press Club's main Building|
| Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
The Karachi Press Club (KPC) (Urdu: کراچی پریس کلب) is an organization of the community of the journalists. It also takes account of academics, business people and people from the public service. Karachi Press Club was the first press club that was established and located at Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan.
Karachi Press Club was the first press club that was established in Karachi, Pakistan. Its first election was held in 1958, and I.H.Burne was elected its first president. The Club which consists of Governing Body, and its bearers president, secretary and council members manage the affairs of club.
Karachi Press Club is the place where regularly demonstrations, rallies and protests are organised against the government and for the demand of the civil and human rights by people and organizations.
Karachi Press Club has a website of its own, which updates about its works.
- "Karachi Press Club". Karachi Press Club.com. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Disabled people rally for their rights in front of Karachi Press Club". Demotix.com. 2012-06-29. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Man Engulfs Himself In Flames Outside Karachi Press Club". Play TV.com.PK. 2012-06-06. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Mumbai, Karachi press clubs for liberalized media visas". Geo.TV. 2012-09-05. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Karachi, Mumbai press clubs urge liberalisation of visa regime". Daily International The News. 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Joint statement by Mumbai and Karachi Press Club". 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "Indians hack Karachi Press Club's website". Daily Tribune.com.PK. 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2012-09-23.
- Official website
- Explosion heard near Karachi Press Club
- Popularity contest: PPP senators visit Karachi Press Club
|This article about an organization in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|