From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Karakoçan town center
|• Mayor||Burhan Kocaman (BDP)|
|• Kaymakam||Cengiz Ünsal|
|• District||1,083.23 km2 (418.24 sq mi)|
|• District density||27/km2 (69/sq mi)|
Karakoçan (Ottoman Turkish: تپه Hill, Kurdish: Dep, Armenian: Oxi) is a town and district of Elâzığ Province in the Eastern Anatolia region of Turkey. The mayor is Burhan Kocaman (BDP). The population is 13,279.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- (Turkish) Karakoçan news portal
- (Turkish) Karakoçanliyiz Biz
- (Turkish) Karakoçan governor's official website
- (Turkish) Karakoçan municipality's official website
- (Turkish) Karakoçan local news portal
- (Turkish) Karakocan
- (Turkish) Karakocan News
|This geographical article about a location in Elazığ Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|