|Occupation||photographer , As a student in llth year . Animation student as well.|
|Karan Arora Official Blog|
Karan Arora (Hindi:करन अरोड़ा) (born on 2 June 1973, Allahabad ) is a London-based Indian film producer, entrepreneur and founder of High Ground Enterprises Ltd. (2008), A conglomerate with its strategic partners has its presence and footprints spread across various countries.
- Nominee in the ‘Entrepreneur’ category for 'The Lloyds TSB Jewel Awards' for the year 2008 which recognizes Corporate, Commercial and Professional Excellence and is endorsed by the Prime Minister of UK, Gordon Brown
- Founder of 'PicturePartners international', a London-based specialist Consultancy firm in the Film sector bringing value additions to film production business.
- Founder & CEO of 'High Ground Enterprises Ltd', a company listed on Bombay Stock Exchange. The company is a flagship entity, diversified broadly in two divisions, one being the ‘Media, Consulting & Allied services’ and other being the EPCM/Infra sector (Engineering Procurement and Construction Management).
- Panel Judge of British Graduate 100 (2010),the largest initiative of its kind developed in conjunction with Britain’s leading employers, universities and key industry figures.
High Ground Enterprises Ltd.
The company has its diversified niche verticals which operate independently yet strategically positioned to interlink and compliment the group’s core aim of generating optimum value to all its stake holders in the Media space (content development/acquisition, consulting & allied services) and EPCM (Engineering Procurement and Construction Management) / Infra sectors.
British film and television producer Kent Walwin partnered with High Ground Enterprise to work on independent projects including a reality movie show titled Make Me A Movie Star.
In collaboration with an American investor and the technical partners from UK, the company has invested to set up a Post Production Facility in Soho, London. This High-end Boutique facility in the heart of London has been catering to some distinguished clients like Bentley, Raffles hotels & resorts, Budweiser, Schweppes, Channel 4 and BBC amongst others.
High Ground Enterprise has sponsored the Media, Film and Arts Awards of Graduate 100 (2010), the largest initiative of its kind developed in conjunction with Britain’s leading employers, universities and key industry figures.
Media space - content/IPR development/film production & allied services
Bhindi Baazaar Inc. is High Ground Enterprise's latest offering under Picture Thoughts Production, The film was announced at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. A gritty Crime Drama starring Kay Kay Menon, Prashant Narayanan, Shilpa Shukla, Deepti Naval, Pavan Malhotra and others. Caterina Lopez the distant cousin of international pop star JLo did a sizzling special appearance in this thriller. The film was released successfully in June 2011 across India in more than 500 screens and got overwhelming critical acclaim.
Kya Dilli Kya Lahore (earlier titled - Padosi) is High Ground Enterprise's next venture under Picture Thoughts Production, The film is in Post Production nearing completion and will be released by early 2014 The film is a twisted tale of War set in 1948 at the border of India and Pakistan. The cast includes Vijay Raaz, Manu Rishi and Raj Zutshi
Charlie Kay Chakkar Mein is another current acquisition being finished under the banner. This film is targeted for release in mid 2014. The film is a cocky investigative thriller. The cast includes Naseeruddin Shah, Anand Tiwari, Amit Sial, Pitobash Tripathy and some young talent from the new batch of theatre actors in India.
Chai Shai Buscuits and 2 other 'untitled' projects ve been rolled on floor and are currently in various stages of production.
HGEL has been successfully doing business with ICON USA, Animagic Studios, United International Pictures and now Medient Studios Inc. in the space of IPR development, integration, distribution/trading, consulting, post production and technical BPO services
Engineering, Procurement & Construction management (EPCM) / Infra Sector
In EPCM & Infra sector, HGEL has been bagging contracts from Indian Oil Corporation, Jindal, Raymond, Tantia group, Reliance Jio, GVK and is successfully delivering the projects in time.
- Kent Walvin partners with HGEL Businessofcinema Retrieved 2 December 2009.
- Karan Arora nominated in 'Entrepreneur’ category for ‘The Lloyds TSB Jewel Awards’ 2008. (ref. www.jewelawards.tv)
- High Ground Enterprise presents Bhindi Baazaar GlamSham Retrieved 22 April 2010.
- Bhindi Baazaar announced at Cannes Bollywoodtrade Retrieved 4 June 2010
- Karan Arora on the judging panel of 'British Graduate 100' 2010
- Karan Arora raves about Tera Kya Hoga Johnny Bollywood Chaska Retrieved 8 December 2010
- Kya Dilli Kya Lahore at Wagah Border Times of India 2012