Karavali Ale is a Kannada daily local newspaper published in Mangalore, Karnataka, India since 1992. Karavali Ale, The Canara Times, Sanje Ale and Kannada Janataranga are the newspapers from Coastal and Malnad region published by Chitra Publications pvt Ltd. The publication is owned by Rohini S and B.V.Seetharam.
Karavali Ale is an eveninger from coastal region, editions from Mangalore and Karwar simultaneously. It was established in 1992 under Chitra Publications. The news paper is often accused of trying to stoke communal passions and create disharmony in the Mangalore district. Several cases have been filed against the editor and publisher and the reporter of the Kannada daily “Karavali Ale,” and the director and chairman and managing director of Chitra Publications Pvt. Ltd.
The Canara Times - The English periodical of this publishing house issues every fortnight
Editor in charge
BV Seetaram is popularly known as BVSEE (BVS). He is the Editor in charge of Karavali Ale, Kannada Janataranga and Sanje Ale. He has been arrested on charges of defamation and trying disturb the communal harmony of the district where this daily is circulated. However, The honorable High Court of Karnataka found his arrests illegal and slapped a fine on the Karnataka Home department officials.
- Kannada Janataranga - Sathish Vaidya
- Type: Daily newspaper
- Format: Full sheet
- Owner: Chitra Publications
- Publisher: satish vaidya
- Editor: Satish vaidya
- Founder: BV Seetaram, Rohini
- Price: 4.00 (INR)
- Head office: Mangalore
- http://www.hindu.com/2009/01/12/stories/2009011259730600.htm The Hindu: Fresh cases against ‘Karavali Ale’
- http://www.mid-day.com/news/2009/jan/060109-Karavali-Ale-BV-Seetharam-arrested-alleged-harrassment-non-bailable-warrants-Canara-times.htm Karavali Ale Seetharam Arrested
- http://tehelka.com/attack-on-staff-of-mangalore-newspaper/ Karnataka High Court Terms B V Seetaram's arrests illegal.