|Founded||Bangalore, India (2009)|
|Headquarters||Bangalore, Noida, India|
|Area served||South Asia, Middle East and South Africa|
|Products||Mobile phones, smartphones, Tablets|
|Parent||United Telecoms Limited|
Karbonn Mobiles is a telecommunication firm in India which was founded in March 2009. It is a joint venture mobile manufacturing company between the Bangalore based United Telelinks Limited (a group of Telecom Major and United Telecoms Limited) and Noida based Jaina Marketing & Associates. Karbonn Mobiles India pvt ltd has a strategic tie-up with Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited.
The firm's total investment in Indian consumer market was over US$5 million in the fiscal year 2011. The firm has contracted with semiconductor companies worldwide for their handsets and targets mainly the Indian market. The firm has over 85,000 retailers and 870 service centres (around 150 dedicated exclusively for Karbonn) across India. Karbonn Mobiles is aiming at registering a turnover of Rs 4,000 crore during the 2013-14 financial year.
Karbonn has a presence in other countries such as Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and the Middle East as well.
The company has struck a deal with Eros International Media Ltd., the makers of Rajinikanth starrer film Kochadaiyaan (2013) that will involve five lakh Kochadaiyaan merchandise with screen savers and images from the film along with the trailer, behind the scenes shots, signature tune of the film and lead actor's signature on back cover of phones. Products in-built with these additions will be available in the market around September 2012 to October 2012.
Karbonn has also tied up with online digital entertainment service provider Hungama.Com and have an app preinstalled.
In October 2012, Karbonn announced the launch of their brand extension 'Karbonn Smart'. The range includes a smart tab and a number of new smartphones based on Android operating system. In February 2014, Microsoft announced Karbonn as a hardware partner of Windows Phone operating system.
Android One product
Karbonn Sparkle V
Karbonn Sparkle V is one of the initial Android One phones manufactured by Karbonn Mobiles with the cooperation of Google Inc. The phone features Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS powered by 1.3 GHz Quad core processor. It also includes 1GB RAM,4GB ROM and Mali 400 GPU alongside with 5MP rear camera plus 2MP front camera. This dual sim device is enabled with 3G connectivity, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and native Google apps. The 4.5 inched IPS display has got the screen resolution of 480×854 pixels and is sold exclusively online in Snapdeal retail.
- "Karbonn Mobiles eyeing Rs 4,000 cr turnover in FY 14". Business Standard. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Company Overview of Karbonn Mobile India Private Limited". Bloomberg Businessweek. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Eros to present Rajinikanth-starrer Kochadaiyaan". Rediff.com. 3 July 2012. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Karbonn Mobile launches new gadgets under Karbonn Smart brand". Business Standard. 12 October 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Microsoft Announces Bangalore Based Karbonn As New Windows Phone Hardware Partner". 2 April 2014.
- "India's Most Trusted Brands 2014".
- "Karbonn Sparkle V Review Simple, stable and affordable". Digit.in. 22 September 2014.