From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Member of the West Virginia House of Delegates
from the 31st district
January 12, 2013
|Preceded by||Meshea Poore|
May 29, 1961 |
South Charleston, West Virginia
|Residence||Beckley, West Virginia|
|Alma mater||Marshall University
West Virginia State University
Karen Lynne Arvon (born May 29, 1961 in South Charleston, West Virginia) is an American politician and a Republican member of the West Virginia House of Delegates representing District 31 since January 12, 2013.
- 2012 With District 31 incumbent Democratic Representative Meshea Poore redistricted to District 37, Arvon was unopposed for the May 8, 2012 Republican Primary, winning with 715 votes, and won the November 6, 2012 General election with 3,191 votes (51.2%) against Democratic nominee Clyde McKnight, who had run for House seats in 2002, 2004, and 2006, and who had defeated former Representative Melvin Kessler in the 2012 Democratic Primary.
- "Karen Arvon". Charleston, West Virginia: West Virginia Legislature. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Lynne Arvon's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Statewide Results Primary Election May 8, 2012 Official Results". Charleston, West Virginia: Secretary of State of West Virginia. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Statewide Results General Election November 6, 2012 Official Results". Charleston, West Virginia: Secretary of State of West Virginia. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- Official page at the West Virginia Legislature
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Karen "Lynne" Arvon at Ballotpedia
- Karen (Lynne) Arvon at the National Institute on Money in State Politics
|This article about a West Virginia politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|