Karen Bruce (born 25 March 1963) is a director and award winning choreographer.
Recent work includes direction and choreography of Midnight Tango, 2010/2011/2012/2013 choreography on Strictly Come Dancing 2011/12/13, and on the second series of So You Think You Can Dance for the BBC. Karen won an Olivier Award for her Choreography of Pacific Overtures at the Donmar Warehouse and Best Choreographer at Premios del Teatro Musical for her work on Saturday Night Fever. She is notable for her acclaimed choreography for the Take That musical, Never Forget, directing and choreographing the UK productions of Footloose The Musical and Fame on tour and in the West End.
Theatre credits include
Strictly Come Dancing – The Professionals (UK tour); Footloose The Musical (West End/ UK tour/ South Africa); Saturday Night Fever (Associate director/ choreographer, West End/ UK tour/ Australia/ Singapore/ Korea/ South Africa/ Spain); Fame (Shaftesbury Theatre/ UK tour); The Wedding Singer (UK tour) and Oliver! (Bermuda).
- Pacific Overtures (Donmar Warehouse, Olivier Award Best Choreographer)
- Never Forget (Savoy Theatre/ UK tour)
- The Producers (Stage Entertainment, Spain)
- Brighton Rock (Almeida)
- Far Pavilions (West End)
- Annie Get Your Gun (No 1 UK tour)
- Dr Doolittle (UK tour)
- A Chorus Line and Sweet Charity (both Sheffield Crucible with Sweet Charity winning the TMA Best Musical award)
- Chess (Budapest)
- Opening Ceremony at the 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester.
- ^ "Birthdays", The Guardian, 25 Mar 2014: 37
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l Karen Bruce, Director, International Dance Shoes, retrieved 25 March 2014
- ^ Galadarnos de Quarta Edicion., Premios Teatro Musical (Spanish), 2010, retrieved 25 Mar 2014
- ^ Karen Bruce, Internet Broadway Database, retrieved 25 March 2014
Represented by Creative Management Productions (CMP) Ltd