||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
Karen MacInerney is an American novelist who writes three genre book series - one a cozy mystery series about a bed and breakfast owner in an island community off the coast of Maine, another a paranormal series with a strong streak of humour, about an accountant trying to ignore the werewolf gene she has inherited from her father, and the last is about a suburban mom who decides to become a private investigator. She currently resides in Austin, TX with her husband and two children. 
- (With Barbara Burnett Smith) Beads of Doubt (novel), 2007.
Gray Whale Inn series
- Murder on the Rocks, 2006.
- Dead and Berried, 2007.
- Murder Most Maine, 2008.
- Berried to the Hilt, 2010.
- Brush with Death, 2012
- Death Runs Adrift, 2013
- Blueberry Blues, 2012 (Short Story.)
Tales of an Urban Werewolf series
- Howling at the Moon, 2008.
- On the Prowl, 2008.
- Leader of the Pack, 2009.
Margie Peeterson series
- Mother's Day Out, 2012.
- "Karen MacInerney.". Contemporary Authors Online. Detroit: Gale, 2012. Gale Biography In Context. Retrieved 14 Aug 2012.