Karen Marie Moning
|Karen Marie Moning|
|Born||November 1, 1964
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.
|Pen name||Karen Marie Moning|
|Genre||Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance|
|Notable works||Fever Series, Highlander Series|
|Notable awards||Rita, Audie|
Karen Marie Moning is an American author. Many of her novels have appeared on the New York Times Bestseller List with Shadowfever reaching the number one position on multiple national best sellers lists. She is a winner of the prestigious Romance Writers of America RITA award for Best Paranormal Romance and is a multiple RITA nominee.
Karen Marie Moning was born on November 1, 1964 in Cincinnati, Ohio, the daughter of Anthony R. Moning and Janet L. Moning. Moning graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor's degree in Society and Law. Before becoming a full-time writer, she worked as a bartender, a computer consultant, and an insurance specialist.
Moning began her career writing paranormal romance set in Scotland but as she became increasingly fascinated with Celtic mythology, she switched genres to Urban Fantasy and location to Dublin, Ireland, so she could focus on the Tuatha Dé Danann, or Fae—an ancient race of immortal beings who have lived secretly among humans for millennia.
- Beyond the Highland Mist (1999/Mar) ISBN 978-0-440-23480-7
- To Tame a Highland Warrior (1999/Dec) ISBN 978-0-440-24555-1
- The Highlander's Touch (2000/Nov) ISBN 978-0-440-23652-8
- Kiss of the Highlander (2001/Sep) ISBN 978-0-440-23655-9
- The Dark Highlander (2002/Oct) ISBN 978-0-440-23755-6
- The Immortal Highlander (2004/Aug) ISBN 978-0-440-23756-3
- Spell of the Highlander (2005/Aug) ISBN 978-0-440-24097-6
- Into The Dreaming (2006/Aug) ISBN 978-0-515-14150-4
- Darkfever (2006/Oct) ISBN 978-0-440-24098-3
- Bloodfever (2007/Oct) ISBN 978-0-440-24099-0
- Faefever (2008/Sep) ISBN 978-0-440-24439-4
- Dreamfever (2009/Aug) ISBN 978-0-385-34165-3
- Shadowfever (2011/Jan) ISBN 978-0-385-34167-7
Fever Moon is an original story from Karen Marie Moning, which has been adapted into a graphic novel by David Lawrence and illustrated by Al Rio. In this installment of the series, Mac and Barrons work together to defeat “the most ancient and deadly Unseelie ever created, the Fear Dorcha.” When it becomes clear that this epic evil is hunting Mac, slowly killing those closest to her, Mac’s only weapons are her lover, Barrons and the Spear of Destiny.
Fever World Series
The Fever World Series is a spinoff from the original MacKayla Lane/Jericho Barrons storyline. Iced features Dani O’Mally, a rebellious young sidhe-seer as the main protagonist. Moning originally planned the series as five additional books but has since stated she condensed it into three. Burned and Flayed also feature MacKayla Lane as a primary character, with the reappearance of Barrons, Ryodan, Christian, the mysterious Dancer and many others. Moning has stated that while each of the books will be a 'stand-alone mystery', they will contain 'larger plot arcs' which will answer many questions left unanswered in the Fever series.
References or Sources
- New York Times, Best Sellers, February 6, 2011
- The Seattle Times, Publishers Weekly Best Sellers List, February 5, 2011
- Wall Street Journal, Wall Street Journal's Best Sellers List, January 29, 2011
- Romance Writers of America, RITA List
- Karen Marie Moning Bio
- RT Book Reviews, COVER CHAT: KAREN MARIE MONING'S GRAPHIC NOVEL FEVER MOON, March 6, 2012
- Karen Marie Moning Blog, Am I writing a 6th Fever book?, August 26, 2011
- Karen Marie Moning Blog, KMM Talks about ICED and Burned, February 20, 2014