|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 58th district
August 2, 1944 |
Highland Park, Illinois
Karen May is the Democratic member of the Illinois House of Representatives for the 58th District since 2001. The district includes parts of Bannockburn, Deerfield, Glencoe, Highland Park, Highwood, Lake Bluff, Lake Forest, Northbrook, and Riverwoods.
State Aircraft Controversy
In a May, 2010, Chicago Tribune article, May was cited as the third most frequent flyer on state owned aircraft in the entire legislature (29 times from July, 2009 to April, 2010). May's explanation for her use of state aviation resources was that driving or taking the train takes a toll on her previously injured neck and back. The controversial nature of these trips, according to the same Tribune article, is that the Illinois Auditor General has determined that their cost to the taxpayers is significantly higher than other forms of transportation ($100 for a car trip vs. $270 for a plane ride between Chicago and Springfield one way).
- Illinois State Representative Karen May official website
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Karen May (D) 58th District official IL House website
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Karen May (IL) profile
- Follow the Money - Karen May
- Illinois House Democrats - Karen May profile
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|