|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Anne-Marie Fox|
|Succeeded by||Linda Rhys Vaughn|
December 13, 1961 |
Long Beach, California
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||106 lb (48 kg)|
Karen Rachel Witter (born December 13, 1961 in Long Beach, California) is an American model and actress. She was Playboy magazine's Playmate of the Month for its March 1982 issue, and her centerfold was photographed by Arny Freytag. Witter later appeared on the cover of the March 1983 issue with fellow Playmates Kimberly McArthur and Kelly Tough. She was also featured in the December 1991 issue. 
She soon made the transition to acting, working mostly on television in guest spots on series as diverse as Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer (1984), Cheers (1988), The Vineyard (1989), The X-Files (1995), Sabrina the Teenage Witch 1998, NYPD Blue (2000) and Malcolm in the Middle (2001). From 1990 to 1994 had a contract role as the fourth Tina Lord on the ABC soap opera One Life to Live, for which she was nominated for a 1991 Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Female Newcomer in Daytime. Witter later appeared as Nemesis in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, in the seventh episode "Pride Comes Before a Brawl" (1995).
Witter married television writer and producer Chuck Lorre in the beginning of May 2001, had two children with him and went by the name Karen Lorre professionally during this time. They divorced in 2010 and she reverted back to using her maiden name of Witter.
- Arny Freytag (March 1982). "Playmate Of The Month: Siren Of The Sea". Playboy 29 (3): 120–131.
- "Playmate Directory: Karen Witter". Playboy.com. Retrieved January 21, 2010.
- Jim Harwood (December 1991). "Sex Stars 1991". Playboy 38 (12): 182.
- Waggett, Gerard J. (November 1997). "One Life to Live". The Soap Opera Encyclopedia. Harper Paperbacks. pp. 163–188. ISBN 0-06-101157-6.
- "Karen Witter". The New York Times.
- Rice, Lynette (January 8, 2007). "It Hurts to Laugh". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "All You Need to Know About Charlie Sheen Nemesis Chuck Lorre". E!. March 11, 2011. Retrieved May 30, 2012.